Medium Jacks

I guess this Pony Jack would qualify

8-B42-FCC1-3-EAE-44-CA-849-C-00-D4-ABB83330.jpg

THe older I get, the more I appreciate the simplicity of the medium jack ... extremely handy pattern. Here's a few of my fave's --->

RHmK3Se.jpg
Lansky1, tremendously terrific trio!!! :cool::cool::cool:

My Grohmann slimline.

fp74xbC.jpg

Bought it at their factory in Nova Scotia

o3lFAes.jpg
Dan, your photo caused me to begin shopping but I had to refrain. There are only two reasons I have not added a Grohmann slimline to my accumulation; property taxes and dentist. :( Thanks for showing yours... maybe, hopefully someday.:rolleyes: Gorgeous knife sir!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lansky1, tremendously terrific trio!!! :cool::cool::cool:

Dan, your photo caused me to begin shopping but I had to refrain. There are only two reasons I have not added a Grohmann slimline to my accumulation; property taxes and dentist. :( Thanks for showing yours... maybe, hopefully someday.:rolleyes: Gorgeous knife sir!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you James ! :)

I think this one qualifies
nutfMKU.jpg

It’s a Schrade 893. I really find this to be a handy blade combo. I know some people don’t like the California clip, but I think it’s nice. These pop up from time to time for not a lot of money and I think they are worth it. It’s a well-made knife.

Two 1977 Case jacks: (top) 62055 equal-end "cigar" jack with brown Delrin covers and (bottom) 6232 with brown bone covers and pinned shield. The 6232 is slightly slimmer than the later 62032 Texas jack. (I don't know if the 6232 was called a Texas jack or not.) Sometime between then and now the practice of marking bone vs. synthetic with an oval around the Case name became reversed, and now the oval designates synthetic covers.

48513570456_b041350fd0_b.jpg

I've shown you my favorite from High School and the knife that eventually replaced it.
I showed you my favorite GEC Medium Jacks, the #66, which will always be among my favorites.
But now I'll show you my all-time BEST Medium Jack with perfect blades, pleasing handle shape, and incredible build quality.

1970's Case Dogleg Jack...

The definition of a Jack Knife that I always went by was " Knife with one or more foldable blades on one end ". So that is what I will go by . Obviously that includes Barlows . With that understanding :
My old Taylors Eye Witness with a Sheepfoot main .

My Early 2015 Ol Red Sawcut Northfield 77 Barlow

Harry

I go with this definition too, Jack Knife to me is a 2 blade same pivot/end knife. There are single Jacks of course...but I didn't go along with the naming of the 2015 Forum Knife as a Jack because it was a 2 blade opposite end knife, single-spring. Completely different to me and a Pen 'type' arrangement.

Here's a Bulldog Cellmate ;):eek:

ZXMQ8Zp.jpg

Most carried medium jack:
Case blackJack.JPG

Recently acquired 6235 1/2. I have several of these. Like the pattern and love the appaloosa bone, but I tend to find them "too pretty to use" :rolleyes: so I picked this one up that was "preused" for a reasonable price. This one is user :thumbsup:

6235Patina1.JPG 6235Patina2.JPG

Last edited:
Back