Medium Jacks

I thought I would take a group shot of my appaloosa 6235 1/2's.
6235 Group 12.JPG

Appaloosa is like stag in that there is a lot of variation. Almost obligatory to take pics of both sides ;)
6235 Group 13.JPG

Two Queen 56's, with different blade compliments, in Delrin and a #2 (I think) in Winterbottom bone.
QueenJacks1.JPG QueenJacks2.JPG

queenjacks2-jpg.1494073
The bottom one is oh so perfect! :cool::thumbsup:

What size is medium?
Since the OP hasn't answered your question, Christian, I'll chime in with my opinion: anything from 3¼ to 3¾" is what I call medium sized.
Bigger than small, but smaller than big. :D
I consider anything from 3-1/4" to 3-5/8" to be medium... But that's just me.
Since "medium" is a matter of opinion, I'm going to go all the way down to 3 1/8" so I can include this Imperial serpentine jack. (I'll also go up to 3 3/4" on the top end so I can call a sowbelly stockman a medium-sized knife, even though I won't try to pass one off as a medium jack. ;)) The first photo shows that, even though its closed length is only 1/4" more than that of a peanut, it appears to be a substantially larger knife. Second photo is just showing off the Imperial jack by itself.
cory.peanut.imperial.watch.jpg

imp.serp.mark.Vmain.pinktoy.jpg

The definition of a Jack Knife that I always went by was " Knife with one or more foldable blades on one end ". So that is what I will go by . Obviously that includes Barlows .
Jack Knife to me is a 2 blade same pivot/end knife. There are single Jacks of course
I'm going to side with Will here and opine that when I think of a medium jack, I think first of a 2-blade knife.
I hope to post more knives in this thread, and most, if not all, will be 2-bladed. But as Will mentioned in another post, my personal preference is for 2-blade knives to have a blade at each end, so I tend to carry the 2-blade jacks only as a "change of pace".
One more Imperial medium jack, almost identical to the one above, but completely naked:
silverbullet.mark.closed.rock.jpg

- GT

I saw that Case rereleased their copperheads from the "vault." Those look like nice medium jack knives. I've never held one though.

I saw that Case rereleased their copperheads from the "vault." Those look like nice medium jack knives.
At about 4" long (closed), I'd say they are slightly bigger than a Medium. ;)
But like i said, I don't make the rules.. If you think it fits I'd enjoy seeing the pictures. :cool::thumbsup:

At about 4" long (closed), I'd say they are slightly bigger than a Medium. ;)
But like i said, I don't make the rules.. If you think it fits I'd enjoy seeing the pictures. :cool::thumbsup:
upload_2021-1-21_17-25-49.jpeg
3.875 according to this dealer. It looks nice, but it is a bit bigger than a medium and a bit smaller than a large. Lardium?

Attachments

• upload_2021-1-21_17-25-22.jpeg
    upload_2021-1-21_17-25-22.jpeg
    36 KB · Views: 1
I'd like to see everybody's most carried or most admired Medium Jacks.

Most carried Jacks for me are the top two - to make it into my permanent rotation a knife needs to be medium in size (3-3/8" - 3-5/8") and contain a Clip main and a decent sized Sheepfoot secondary. I normally carry a Medium Stockman because they have those two blades as standards, but a Jack Knife with those two becomes a real favorite - I've only got these three. For my most admired I would nominate the GEC #76 jack - all it lacks is a coping blade in lieu of a pen - but it sure is purdy! OH

Craftsman-95024-A-C-A-EDGE.jpg

Schrade-34-OT-based-jackknife.jpg

Schrade-93-OT-Wrangler.jpg

GEC-Krack-A-Jack-761212.jpg

Back