Meet The Beast!!!. . . Meet The Mega Ratweiler!!!. . . Coming Wed. 2-19-2020 At 9:00PM Eastern!!

Gorgeous
Sexy
Bomb proof
Good price

But just too much ‘mass’ to throw in a pack already laden with other necessities.

Like, I really want this lol. But logically it can’t work for me on any excursion beyond my backyard. Idk what .350 or whatever the exact thickness is is, that .250 or less can’t handle, especially with Busse kin steel and heat treat.

But with that said.... that thing is gorgeous. And I’m very glad to see a resurgence of the the Swamp and SR-101. My all time favorite steel.

This is badass! What combo to get?
Sage/Tan
Sage/black
Sage/black g10 ?????
Or comp and ??
I’m tempted to get the cheapest option. Knowing that this is going to be an expensive year with all the blades promised. The comp is so tempting. I want to beat on this beast and never worry about a thing, so coated is probably the best beater option. I guess cheapest option rules out g10. So desert sage with tan micarta???? ....
Well off to the color combination vault for me.

I just added the pricing to my original post along with a special offer that will be available to those who get in on the first batch.
Soooo... When will this first batch be offered?
Also what's the weight compared to the older thinner INFI Ratweiler?

Like, I really want this lol. But logically it can’t work for me on any excursion beyond my backyard. Idk what .350 or whatever the exact thickness is is, that .250 or less can’t handle, especially with Busse kin steel and heat treat.

But with that said.... that thing is gorgeous. And I’m very glad to see a resurgence of the the Swamp and SR-101. My all time favorite steel.

agreed on all fronts there... It's be interesting to hear about the actual weight of the blade. If they can get a similar total mass as a 0.25" knife, but put it all in the thick spine with the hollow grind, I can see this thing chopping and biting DEEP (combo of weight far behind edge and shallow primary grind angle). That would be cool... But if it's too heavy, I dunno...

But I'm certainly interested in what's gonna happen. Maybe M MaxRat and/or @RATequila can shed some light on their testing and their design, grind, weight distribution, etc!

Gorgeous
Sexy
Bomb proof
Good price

But just too much ‘mass’ to throw in a pack already laden with other necessities.

That's where I'm at too. I want it badly because it is comp SR101 and I'm loving the sound of that grind/edge combo.....but at the same time I am afraid it will end up sitting on a shelf, as I already use my thin Ratweiler almost exclusively because it is lighter on my hip than my standard thickness Ratweiler. Tough decision, that's for sure.

Wow!!

I'd say if anyone doesn't already have at least one fatty at over .3" thicc, you absolutely need this. :eek: :D

Didn't understand the appeal for a long time until curiosity finally got me to pick up a thick-cut BG FSH a while back. True, it wouldn't join me on an ultralight backpacking trip, but I'm fine with that. Having it on hand around the yard or next to the woodpile is enough for me. Just a beast. :thumbsup:

For reference, the fat BG FSH is spec'd at .3125" and weighs ~28oz* (still under 2lbs) with a blade just over 8" long. Probably not a bad starting point for guesses on the Mega Ratweiler.

*analog scale measurement. Batts on my digital scale are dead atm.

Back