Meet The Beast!!!. . . Meet The Mega Ratweiler!!!. . . Coming Wed. 2-19-2020 At 9:00PM Eastern!!

If you get one of these and you don't get it with the comp blade you are a wussy.

Looks like the handle is way swoopier than my Ratweiler. Yeah, that's a word.

What a beast!

If you get one of these and you don't get it with the comp blade you are a wussy.

Looks like the handle is way swoopier than my Ratweiler. Yeah, that's a word.

What a beast!
Lol! You sold me. Hahaha comp with canvas micarta is the one for me. I’m torn between black or tan. I’ll take one of those leather sheaths too, if it’s cheap. Like under $50.

Last two Team Gemini's were green micarta, I'll stick with that and either comp or hammered silver blade. Maybe both.

Where do I sign?
Man I’m stoked for one of these. I regularly find myself in the woods with both a NMFSH and a Tops (can I say that here?) Wild pig Hunter. One too small for hacking trail thru mountain laurel, or bay bushes at the coast, the other just not my favorite pig sticker. And man I stick a lot of pigs. Also got a badger attack ergo 2 that lives in my pack, for all the work that comes after the fun part lol.
This Mega might just get me down to carrying one knife. Maybe.

I've tested this knife until I'm blue in the face and I haven't found a weak spot yet... I'm not going into the woods without one ever again... It's amazing the tip and edge strength we've been able to achieve and still retain the reduced friction coefficient of a hollow grind for slicing... I wish I would have had one of these Rats my whole life... The problem was it wasn't possible to make it until recent manufacturing break throughs... This is the product of modern day Rum Added Technology..

I've tested this knife until I'm blue in the face and I haven't found a weak spot yet... I'm not going into the woods without one ever again... It's amazing the tip and edge strength we've been able to achieve and still retain the reduced friction coefficient of a hollow grind for slicing... I wish I would have had one of these Rats my whole life... The problem was it wasn't possible to make it until recent manufacturing break throughs... This is the product of modern day Rum Added Technology..
Pics? Video? Release date? Give us something! :confused:

I’m probably gonna be kicking myself for not getting in on the discount, but I’m gonna have to wait and see how these are.

Swamp guys should designate one for a passaround and let us beat the crap out of it!

That would be awesome - BF used to have a lot more passarounds than it has lately.

This would be a great compliment to the Eraticator, I would just need a wheeled Knife-caddy for longer hikes. :p

best

mqqn

The swamp has finally erupted. The muck hit the wall and here is what stuck.... This knife is the product of Rum engineering and Tequila machining... This knife begs for a beating and will handle anything you throw at it or throw it at...

*** We will be offering the first batch of these Mega Ratweilers at a special price that will NEVER be offered again!!! Those who get in on this Special Offer will score a $30.00 discount! The Mega Ratweiler is scheduled to be on our website, at the regular price, after this initial offer!!!

Meet the Mega Ratweiler! (Coming Soon!!!)
Specs:
Overall Length: 13.625"
Blade Length: 8"
Blade Width: Approx. 1.75"
Blade Thickness: Approx .350"
Steel: Sr-101
Hardness: 58-60 Rc
Handles: G-10 or Canvas Micarta
Bevel: Hybrid Combo (Flat, Hollow, and Convex)
Finish: Coated or Swamp Comp Finish

Blade Coating Options:
Black
Muddy Brown
Hammered Silver
Desert Sage
Forest Green
Midnight Blue
Desert Bronze

Pricing:
Coated: Regular Base Price: $318.00 Special Offer $288.00 (You'll save $30.00!!!)
Swamp Comp Regular Base Price: $358.00 Special Offer $328.00 (You'll save $30.00!!!)

Handle Options:
Black Canvas (Included)
Tan Canvas (Included)
Green Canvas (Included)
Maroon Canvas (Included)
Black G-10 +$45.00
Tan/Black G-10 +$70.00
Red/Black G-10 +$70.00
Blue/Black G-10 +$70.00
Green/Black G-10 +$70.00
Orange/Black G-10 +$70.00

Mega features include:

[ ] Our Hybrid Combo Grind that merges a hollow, flat, and convex bevel into one homogeneous high performance bevel that brings the best of all three geometries to one platform.

[ ] The .350" thick SR-101 Stock Thickness serves as a built in sledge hammer designed to drive this beast home!!!

[ ] We are very excited to offer this model with a Swamp Comp finish. This competition finish will show light machining marks. (SR-101 is not a stainless steel so care should be taken to keep the blade clean and protected.)

[ ] All outside perimeters are rounded to eliminate "hot spots" caused by sharp edges.

i-JHGx56p-X2.jpg

In the pic below you can see the optional Swamp Comp finish for those who love naked steel.
i-Lb7RC5L-X2.jpg

The pic below highlights the massive .350" thickness of the the new Mega Ratweiler (On the right) when compared to the .210" thickness of the INFI Ratweiler!!! (On the left)
i-ZfvLKJw-X2.jpg

The pic below shows the optional Danny The Bull leather pouch sheath with heavy duty double stitching.
i-vTC6zrr-X2.jpg

The back of the sheath features a triple riveted design for years of hard use.
i-6HcK6hp-X2.jpg
when will this beast be avail? I am def in. lol.

agreed on all fronts there... It's be interesting to hear about the actual weight of the blade. If they can get a similar total mass as a 0.25" knife, but put it all in the thick spine with the hollow grind, I can see this thing chopping and biting DEEP (combo of weight far behind edge and shallow primary grind angle). That would be cool... But if it's too heavy, I dunno...

But I'm certainly interested in what's gonna happen. Maybe M MaxRat and/or @RATequila can shed some light on their testing and their design, grind, weight distribution, etc!
I apologize for not having an actual weight but I've been busier the a rat in a room full of cats... The next Mega Rat is designed and we're working out the production issues right now... I can tell you the new grind design removes some of the weight you're worried about, from areas it's not absolutely needed and moves the rest to where it will do the most good... I roll this knife up in my bed roll with just enough handle exposed that I can get to it any time I want it, or need it... I put my pack on and walked around a while, then pushed the Mega Ratweiler in my bed roll and put the pack back on... I know I added weight but if I hadn't been the one that added the weight I never would have noticed... I once stuck 4 beers in a friends pack and he carried them all morning and never noticed till I asked him for a beer at lunch time... LOL... I later removed my hatchet from my pack which would no longer be needed with the new Mega Ratweiler and I'm not sure but I believe the trade was close enough that I gained little or nothing in total weight … Its not a Mega Sword... That does sound interesting though...

Ahhhhh... So we have a Rat sword coming through soon, I hope :D

Does that mean the Rucki would be off the website soon? If I'm contemplating getting another one, am I in danger of not having one of I don't get one ordered now?

Very interesting. I don't think it would surpass the thin cut ratweiler for me, as I still think it's the best knife I've had for tackling all manner of tasks, but sometimes bigger is funner. I suspect this would be better for wood processing, but we'll see I suppose.

I used to think that thicker spines lead to heavy and bad slicers, and normally that is true. The one exception I have found that I've actually owned is a cold steel trailmaster, which was really surprising. Still prefer the ratweiler by a mile because the handle is fantastic but the trail master was surprising given it's thickness, ability to slice, and it's lack of obscene weight. I'm really curious if that hollow grind hybrid thing knocks the weight down a little from what we normally think of with 0.35" thick blades, which is pretty common with kuhkris.

I’m probably gonna be kicking myself for not getting in on the discount, but I’m gonna have to wait and see how these are.

Swamp guys should designate one for a passaround and let us beat the crap out of it!

I would be down for a passaround.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get one and would be willing to send it around for a test-a-roo to members I'm familiar with. Pretty sure I'm only getting it to round out my ratweiler collection (thin cut infi, fat cut 1/4", and mega fat now), but I use the fixed blades in my collection so it's going to get dirty. It won't help you with the initial purchase, but sounds like it may be available again if it sells given it has an introductory price.

I just can't say no to this.

I'm having a tough time finding the transitions of the grinds in the photos. Meaning FANTASTIC work guys. Really nicely done grinds.

I can't wait to have one in my greezeey mitts.

Love these FAT blades!

How rust-prone is the SR-101?

It either is or is very close to 52100, so it will rust like most carbon steels or low chromium tool steels. Not as bad as O1 or 1095, but not much better either. Keep it dry and oil if it's wet for a while. The comp finish ones are gonna patina really well.

I got a lot of use out of this stripped thin cut ratweiler before finding an infiweiler a few years later.

GVlnjvMl.jpg

Closest I have of it after stripping. It's a lot more silver and the micarta is clean.
Fk2a4OJl.jpg

This Wednesday?!?
Man... Hardly even have time to recover from the CupidGanzaaa and finding a rodent riding a snake!

Must...Have...FatWeiler.

You are a chubby little Rat.....

best

mqqn

Back