Meet The Beast!!!. . . Meet The Mega Ratweiler!!!. . . Coming Wed. 2-19-2020 At 9:00PM Eastern!!

Any other pics of some well loved SR101? Really leaning toward the nekked steel.

Here is a well loved and hard used SR101 that is screaming sharp. Just love it.
mN0GHSz.jpg

I just can't say no to this.

I'm having a tough time finding the transitions of the grinds in the photos. Meaning FANTASTIC work guys. Really nicely done grinds.

I can't wait to have one in my greezeey mitts.

The grind's on this blade are something that can best be felt by hand. even a cut away can't do it justice it is really something that you have to feel for yourself in order to appreciate it.

bikerector bikerector is obviously lying! Everyone knows that SR-101 rusts away just from looking at it!

:D

:p... because I don't know how to respond.

Fun factoid, did you know licking a rusty knife is a good way to get your iron supplement for the day?

Another fun fact, if you cut yourself because you believed the previous factoid, you may get low on iron from repetitive blood loss.

giphy.gif

Any other pics of some well loved SR101? Really leaning toward the nekked steel.

Horrible pic, but some decent staining. Far less use than the ratweiler previously shown, and you can probably tell how I use this by the staining pattern.

8gBV1dKl.jpg

RiwBWt8l.jpg

Found another one of the SR101 ratweiler before I traded it after getting the infiweiler. After a while, you apparently knock that patina back off if you chop enough dry wood with it.
12v3Mh0l.jpg

l2rd7Hwl.jpg

And why not, some testing. I will be interested to see where the fat rat falls into this spectrum. The ratweiler handle is one of my fave for chopping, especially when I still had the blue paracord retention bit still on there.
RLcoY0Pl.jpg

And if you like to see coated SR101 that is used, the 1311. Only coated because I use it a lot in the winter.
pnzXCWNl.jpg

SR101 is good stuff. It is my favorite steel (along with 52100) when toughness is needed because it is tough enough for nearly everything I am strong enough to throw at it and still has very admirable edge holding. With the heat treat that is put on it, it's fabulous.

I feel like I'm selling myself another knife...

looks like a keeper like to see it in infi but this is a start,,see ya all tomorrow

Nothing but Respect
g

You know I love my INFI and all things Busse but I suggest YOU ALL check out the MEGA RAT (That is just what I like to call it) but holy CHEESETASTIC. That is why I have the BEST Job in the world cause I get to see EVERYTHING. I have held it in my hands and it is heavy and it feels really good, it is a POWERFUL but DELICATE when you need BOTH in a knife. I love my Busse Knife Group family and WE are all together as one (Don't worry Dogs fun stuff coming for you) The Mega Rat goes LIVE tonight at 9:00 PM EST.
XOXO
Amy-0
Amy
Customer Service
Busse Knife Group

Great thanks Amy, I was going to pass on this one but now guess it is time to dust off the poor credit card.

Amy, I SHOULD have a credit card on file with Busse, so will I need to do the cc info again when I order???

Mega Ratweiler...
Having a tough time choosing which Micarta handle color. I’ve decided to go with the comp finish, any suggestions on which Micarta color goes best with it?
Thanks in advance!

You know I love my INFI and all things Busse but I suggest YOU ALL check out the MEGA RAT (That is just what I like to call it) but holy CHEESETASTIC. That is why I have the BEST Job in the world cause I get to see EVERYTHING. I have held it in my hands and it is heavy and it feels really good, it is a POWERFUL but DELICATE when you need BOTH in a knife. I love my Busse Knife Group family and WE are all together as one (Don't worry Dogs fun stuff coming for you) The Mega Rat goes LIVE tonight at 9:00 PM EST.
XOXO
Amy-0
Amy
Customer Service
Busse Knife Group
Amy there’s no visual example of green canvas Micarta or maroon canvas Micarta on the swamp rat website. Can we get a quick example of what they’d look like?
Thanks!

Mega Ratweiler...
Having a tough time choosing which Micarta handle color. I’ve decided to go with the comp finish, any suggestions on which Micarta color goes best with it?
Thanks in advance!

Well I will say I am a big fan of Black canvas micarta but if you want G10 Black and tan is Sexy on the Swamp Comp finish

Mega Ratweiler...
Thanks in advance!

I liked the maroon micarta with it, but it's hard to get a bad looking micarta, IMO. I feel like natural canvas is a classy micarta, reminds me of kahki pants. Don't think I want it for such a knife who's character is more of a bruiser than a delicate slicer.

Black micarta is a decent color, but I've recently been fascinated with the green micarta which is more of a dark tan until wet.

Maroon micarta w/ comp on left. Well used black micarta with strip job on right.
l2rd7Hwl.jpg

I think I'm going with the green coating again. I just really like the shimmer it has.

Green micarta on green coating. Might do this again.
Lkea4e1l.jpg

Back