Meet The Force Mama V14 (FMV14). . . Coming Wednesday May 16, 2018 At 9:00 pm Eastern!!!!

Right, but there is no definition of concealable, or the difference between a dagger and a sword. Both can be double-edged and very pointy. At what length blade does it turn from a dagger (banned) to a sword (acceptable)? Is it a 12" blade? a 16" blade? According to other forums it seems it is undefined and up to Customs' discretion. It probably varies from customs officer to customs officer. So I could have it confiscated or it could come through no problem with no way of telling which. Dammit. o_O

From what I've heard from Aussies makers, 16" or greater blade length seems to be the magic number to be a sword with out too many issues.

Personally I think how the maker markets the item plays a greater part and is possibly more important than the specs, provided it's around that 16" blade length, if you have to argue with customs.
If the maker is producing and marketing a blade that is of a reasonable length that one could call it a short sword, then its a sword as that's what it was intended to be.

With the FMV14 being only 14" its still a bit grey area but I think you could successfully argue that the blade length and profile more closely resembles the style of a short gladius sword than a dagger which is usually much shorter in length with a tapered blade profile.

It would be a risk and its a decent amount of cash to gamble. That said I went through the effort of getting the paperwork to import a dagger into NSW this year when I bought my Shirogorov Dr Death CF (folding dagger).
It came straight through customs with out any questions, I didn't need the paperwork in the end as customs didn't pick it up.
So I bought a Hinderer Maximus (folding dagger) since I had the paper work ready to go, it too came straight through, no questions. So did a second Hinderer Maximus :)

So I still have this valid paperwork to import a dagger, thinking I'll probably pick up a Spyderco EuroEdge before the paperwork expires in August.

I got totally no use for that.
I want it anyway.

Hmm bring an F 20 next (6 Inch increments 8 - 14 - 20)
or a LEAF-shaped blade. rawwrrrr

Jerry Busse Jerry Busse
Is there any chance to get a FMV vs Gladius picture?

Could we get a weight spec on this new short sword?

Last question. Where is the point of balance on this blade?

You and your team has been killing it.

Thanks!

Crap. Coated or uncoated? They both look great. I'd love to get both, but I just dinged for the FMV8.

Maybe I'll just stay coated for a matching pair.

The more I look at this, the more I think I'm going to end up needing it. Well, getting it. I DON'T need it. But this is probably the closest I'm ever going to get to a Gladius; and I just don't see them adding 2 to 4 more inches to it to make it a true sword. Although legalities aren't the issue. I'd just like a longer short sword. I mean, isn't this actually shorter than the Rodent Rucki?

Went and checked. Yes, the Rucki is slightly longer. A little over an inch (15 1/2" vs this at ~14 1/8"). But this IS almost like a Gladius... just 1" shorter.

Last edited:
Amazing. Truly amazing.

Going to have to hide this until a milestone achievement. Or will achieve due to motivation...circular logic killing me...

We live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with FMV14s. Who's gonna do it?

Sign me up! I volunteer to walk on a wall and show off my FMV14s.

Sounds like one of the strange fantasies in my head :confused::D

Those fantasies being the majority of the reason I am going to own one or two of these:rolleyes:

Just when you think you're out... He pulls you back in... the addiction continues... Want/need/want/need... Must have? I think so...

Back