Meet the MEGA Swamp Warden.... Going Live Wednesday March 18th 2020 @9:00pm Eastern Standard Time.

It’s so early though. I bet you could contact Amy O or customer service and they could get it changed for you. Busse’s customer service and employees are the best!

This.

In fact, when I went and logged in this AM to double check that my order went through correctly, I believe I saw a tab that I think allows you to do just that - edit your order if early enough.

This i
Can anyone shed some light on the grind? What would you say it's optimized for? Would this be ok with moderate wood carving? Apple peeling, even moderate food prep? Would this work as a companion knife to a hatchet or hawk, or big blade? Does the grind make up for the spine thickness? I like the look and idea of it, but I'm just unfamiliar with the billed grind combo. Thanks Rats!
This is the most versatile Grind I have ever had the privilege of handling... I've done a lot of testing with this knife and it is great at everything... This is my EDC... It is the first Fixed Blade that I can say that about...

This
It's supposed to be thick behind the edge, stout where it needs to be, fat where it needs to be, and hollow where it needs to be.

As for the exact map of the grinds, I'll have to wait until I get one in hand to give my opinion in on that.

I COULD GUESS that the primary bevel from tip to belly would be flat, from There to the handle would be hollow ground and the edge would be convex across the board.

This is 100% speculation, as I'm not paid to make kickass knives. MAX and RATequila are.

No matter what though, if you buy one and for some reason dont like it you can sell it to me.
So much time and testing went into this grind it is so complex it is hard to explain... If you get one of the two new knives with this grind all I can say is pinch the blade at the top and slowly run your fingers to the bottom... Once you do that pinch the blade in the middle and slowly run your fingers and stoke it towards tip... I'm going to warn you it's down right addicting... Remember if you do it more then twice, you're playing with it... Enjoy your knife...

We didn't ha
Thanks... I kinda figured as much, I just wasn’t sure. I watched the video too, and get that it’s girth splits and mass supports prying, but the more mundane edc tasks are what I’m curious about... as well as light, small camp and trail fixed blade duties
We Didn't have time to post all the videos we made but here is a short list of all the things we did before we signed off on it...: Sliced Tomatoes, Sliced Carrots, Peeled Potatoes, Made numerous feather sticks, Striped Romex wire as I'm an electrician, peeled apples, and cut a lot of paper... As you can tell, then we set down and ate a salad... We also had numerous drinks to celebrate another great knife...

It Wo
Ok, obviously this one has gotten me thinking this morning - sorry, guys!

So, this is my thinking (for what that might possibly be worth).

I have always hated skeleton-handled, scale-less knives. Reason being that they are too thin in the handle, no matter how well rounded the edges are, for extended or otherwise really intense work. Yes, some cordage wrap 'em to help, but I just hate that feel and still they feel too thin, or better yet, awkward for my taste and hand.

So as crazy as .35" seems on something like this, it just might be the answer. Thick enough in the handle to feel right and do real work, while ground down enough in the primary bevel to lighten it enough and allow some slicing or other delicate work as needed.

Really pretty ingenious if it works. And the vid makes it look like the real deal.

It Works, take my word on that.. I've used this knife quite a bit lately or I wouldn't say that... I'm not a salesman as you'll find out, I'm a knife maker... I'm not going to steer anyone wrong... It's not in my nature... That being said, I didn't find anything I used it for that I wasn't impressed with it's abilities...

I sent an email requesting a change to black. I like/want a lot of the colors but I’m thinking about that belt. Thanks for the suggestions.
It’s so early though. I bet you could contact Amy O or customer service and they could get it changed for you. Busse’s customer service and employees are the best!

I've been out of the Busse kin game for a while but this got my interest. Just placed an order for a Muddy brown one. Could be a good combo with a slip joint.

Ouch. :oops: I looked. :confused: While I didn't order ALL of them, I did drop $600 on 5... :eek: A pair of comps, and one black, muddy, and green. A pair of sheaths as well. Sage, bronze, and silver look pretty good too, if I got those too, then I'd have almost as many as I do the classic Wardens... :eek: :rolleyes:

Ouch. :oops: I looked. :confused: While I didn't order ALL of them, I did drop $600 on 5... :eek: A pair of comps, and one black, muddy, and green. A pair of sheaths as well. Sage, bronze, and silver look pretty good too, if I got those too, then I'd have almost as many as I do the classic Wardens... :eek: :rolleyes:
The full house you got sounds like a winner:thumbsup:

Ordered comp finish, but it really hurts with the state of the world ATM...
Exchange rate is so bad that knife with international postage will set us Aussies $350 back...
I paid that for my Chopweiler a good while back...

Any indication of shipping timeframes? I just dont want to get surprised with a $120 dinged at an inopportune moment......

I am hoping this one slices as good as the Mega Ratweiler - I was very impressed!

I went with Swamp-Comp and also the sheath.

Looking forward to receiving the Mega Warden.

best

mqqn

Back