Meet Your Maker and the Knives!

Brian.Evans

Registered Member
Hey guys. I'm Brian Evans, and I'm the Lead Designer, Chief Grinder, and Head Janitor here at Evans Knife and Tool. I specialize in handmade and midtech EDC fixed blades and folders made from high end materials that carry the world's best warranty. I came to knifemaking by an extremely convoluted path; safety razors, straight razors, restoring straight razors, making my own straight razor, and finally, convincing myself that I could make a knife from the leftover steel. I never did make that first knife I designed, which was probably a good thing because it wouldn't have made a very good knife! I never forgot about making knives though, and as the months turned to years I always had a desire in the back of my mind to make
knives. I started with a very basic belt grinder in the corner of my barn two years ago, and this past winter I was able to build a small shop, upgrade my grinder and add several very important tools that have enabled me to make knives much more efficiently.

I'm a pretty basic guy, so I'm not going to wax poetic about knives being Man's oldest tools and how its all magic berries and bunny rabbits here in the shop. You deserve to carry a great knife. A knife that you know has your back and is backed by the world's best warranty. There's a separate warranty thread, so take a look at that. Basically, if you mess up or your knife messes up, let me know and I'll get it fixed or replaced. That's it. No clauses, no frills. More details to be found in the warranty thread in the stickies.

Right now I am using primarily CPM-20CV stainless steel and 52100 carbon steel. I plan to add CPM-3V, but it is in the testing stages right now. I won't put out a knife until I know that the steel is appropriate for the pattern. I chose 20CV for its extreme stainless ability and exceptional edge holding. You have to really be trying to make this knife rust. 52100 is a carbon steel, which means it will rust if left wet. However, it is great for knives of all sizes, especially EDC sized knives. It takes and holds a fantastic super fine edge. The prototype Dart EDC I carry every day is made from 52100. I believe both steels are great for EDC knives.

My knives are designed to be functional and work every single time they come out of the sheath. I have been a paramedic for eight years and an EMT for two years before that. I know what it means to be in situations in which your equipment has to work right every time. I build my knives with that in mind. I have no idea what you might encounter during your day, but from evil packages all tied up with string, to opening that super awesome package from your cousin Frank in Siberia, to building a fire when your car runs off the road in a snowstorm loaded with hemophilliac orphans and two nuns, know your Evans Knife and Tool knife will be right there with you and perform just like it was designed to do. THE FIRST TIME, EVERY TIME.

You can email or text any time and I will get back to you as soon as possible. You can also PM me or post in this subforum. Feel free to ask questions, demand answers, or just chat.

Brian Evans
217-979-9956
evansknifeandtool@gmail.com

Last edited:
Back