MEGA RatManDu Coming This Wednesday 6/3/2020 At 9:00 PM Eastern!!!

My mistake it’s actually canvas micarta. But still darker than my rs
That micarta is very dark. I almost wish I got that instead of black g10. Desert sage with black g10 is a combo that I have been wanting to try for a long time. Last year I had a regular RMD on order in that combo. Then they announced the release of the FHFG Infimandu. I canceled my RMD, and ordered 3 Infimandu’s. All in satin finish. So when the MegaRMD came out. I knew it was time to finally try, desert sage / Black g10.
I got shipping notice today!

dinged on both today :)

sheaths in..................two weeks :)
Im looking forward to seeing these sheaths. Your sheaths look sweet wrapped around that Mega treatment. I got a comp with Green/Black g10 on the way. I’m thinking OD green pancake. The sage with black g10 , I’m thinking coyote tan. I’ll be emailing you soon:cool:

Blown away !!

I’ve been a huge RMD fan for years. It’s my favorite BUSSE kin. I always thought it was a tank of a knife and now I feel like it’s an anorexic version of the RMD in comparison. And don’t get me wrong, I still love it. But these Mega’s are just perfection.

The comp finish is like an undressed RMD and really lets you see the machining quality. To me it’s modern art.

I’ll put up pics when I get home.

comp finish with green&black G10 and black blade with tan micarta if anyone is itching to see those combo’s. I know the Black and Tan has already been shared though.

Blown away !!

I’ve been a huge RMD fan for years. It’s my favorite BUSSE kin. I always thought it was a tank of a knife and now I feel like it’s an anorexic version of the RMD in comparison. And don’t get me wrong, I still love it. But these Mega’s are just perfection.

The comp finish is like an undressed RMD and really lets you see the machining quality. To me it’s modern art.

comp finish with green&black G10 and black blade with tan micarta if anyone is itching to see those combo’s. I know the Black and Tan has already been shared though.
Would love to see those combos. I got the comp green/black also. My other is desert saw with black g10, kinda the opposite of your Black and Tan.

Congrats everybody, can't wait to see what all the fuss is about here!

In case anybody ends up getting fussy about finding some spots of rust on their SR-101 Mega Ratmandu, I thought I'd drop a link here for the answer.

These are made by Naniwa, very reputable Japanese Waterstone company for many years. They make a Rust Eraser, which is a type of foam pad with aluminum oxide abrasive embedded throughout... which will clean off the rust without scratching your knife.

https://www.sharpeningsupplies.com/Naniwa-Rust-Eraser-P1867.aspx

I share this only because it's inevitable unless you keep it cleaned and oiled regularly, but it's nothing you should fear and realistically it's a complete non issue. Now, this won't help if your edge rusts (I've had that happen recently)... but in that case a coating wouldn't have mattered anyways. Fear NOT the Swamp Comp Finished SR-101 my friends!!!!

R RATequila M MaxRat Keep up the good work on these, loving all the nekkid' SR-101!!!

Blown away !!

Thanks I'm glad you like it.

4277-C501-85-A8-4-F96-B8-D1-4-A47-B63-E4-F14.jpg
7-A6-C7-CE2-5-E99-4-B21-BF76-95-AAA290-DCDC.jpg
Pics as promised
C592-F476-6450-48-ED-9-F50-EAD2-F752-B885.jpg

UPS said today's the day!! Too bad I can't get it until after work this evening.

Can't wait!!

Oh my goodness.... This is hands-down the most comfortable (non-Res-C) Bussekin to date. Its grip is spot-on-perfect for me.

I may have to come up with one in tan&black, just because it's my favorite.
If my order ever comes (still being patient), I'll have maroon and green micarta covered.

I may have to come up with one in tan&black, just because it's my favorite.
If my order ever comes (still being patient), I'll have maroon and green micarta covered.
That basically what I got. Maroon and green... And a green and black G-10

UPS man dropped off a box of two comp and black canvas. One for me and one for one of my buddies. This may very well be the most comfortable handle of any Busse/Kin that I have owned. Lovin' it! Now to complete the Ratmandu saga we need a thin slicey version in elmax with extra thick handle slabs so it feels just like this one.

Now to complete the Ratmandu saga we need a thin slicey version in elmax with extra thick handle slabs so it feels just like this one.
Preach!
Thinner and harder than the INFI FHFG, either keep the FHFG or make it a shallow hollow grind. Make it the slickest sliciest lightsaber of a RMD. And if course, keep this handle dimension!

Back