MEGA RatManDu Coming This Wednesday 6/3/2020 At 9:00 PM Eastern!!!

I haven't felt the Mega's handle, er, in hand; so I can't agree on that part, yet. Probably be able to respond within around 2 weeks

I'm in love.

LZX9Fvd.jpg

PkcNqdX.jpg

aEyA3nQ.jpg

z7fmUGQ.jpg

Rwi3lW1.jpg

DiR6In3.jpg

r8iTxBp.jpg
Awesome photos!!! I like your choices. I can’t wait to get mine in hand! What a great trio. That green/Black is my favorite. Although the micarta must feel amazing on this model. Thanks for taking the time to post some really good pics!

Preach!
Thinner and harder than the INFI FHFG, either keep the FHFG or make it a shallow hollow grind. Make it the slickest sliciest lightsaber of a RMD. And if course, keep this handle dimension!
Bingo!! What an epic hunting knife that would be!

Need to put these up as regular stocked items. I took mine to work today and everyone wanted to know where they could buy one.

Anyone have a weight on the original RMD ? I’m curious.....

See pics here:
https://imgur.com/gallery/4tTM5kP

Details & numbers:
(All maroon canvas handles. Only the classic was midnight blue coated, FHFG and Mega are both naked. All as they were from the Swamp.)

Classic RMD
Saber grind
Midnight Blue coated
SR-101
10-1/4 oz // 291g

INFI FHFG
Full-height flat grind
BIG DC
INFI
9-3/4 oz // 280g

Mega RMD
Compound grind
Swamp Comp
SR-101
13-1/4 oz // 376g

This is as far as I've gotten with it...
I haven't figured out my plan for the day; but I didn't work last night, so I'm guessing that I'll be at least digging into that paper by this evening.
View attachment 1414211

*edited to add*
I brought the box out on the porch took out the wadded up paper, and removed the wrapped up knives. My plan was to take a picture, then open it & get a shot of the knives...unfortunately, before that happened, I started getting stung. A picture did get taken as my phone hit the porch - and it's a hilarious action shot - but I won't post it (it's a floor up view of me getting stung, and flailing between slaps at yellowjackets).

The wrapped up knives are still on the porch. I used the snow rake to retrieve my phone an hour later; but the two groups of guards that were coming at me convinced me not to try for them. Later, when I go out to try to get the nest (it's behind one of the porch lights)...

Last edited:
My pair arrived on Friday, just before I left to go Dove hunting. Black or red, hmm, difficult decision, they both look pretty fantastic...

IMG_5873.jpg

The handle side profile seemed to appear a bit narrower than my other 'Mandus when I first saw it. I had to confirm whether this was true or not.

Turns out, the scales are not as wide, but the profile of the handle is identical to the others that came before. The large-radius rounded profile of the tang does cause the scales to be slightly narrower, giving the appearance that the handle is narrower. Glad to find that it's not. I do like how this thick beast fills my XXL hands. :thumbsup:

IMG_5875.jpg

IMG_5876.jpg

I'm glad to see that this has a point/tip more similar to the MEGA Warden vs. the MEGA Ratweiler. Nice, thin, and pointy! :D :cool:

IMG_5877.jpg

Pretty impressive, like all the MEGA beasts that have come before. :)

This is as far as I've gotten with it...
I haven't figured out my plan for the day; but I didn't work last night, so I'm guessing that I'll be at least digging into that paper by this evening.
View attachment 1414211

*edited to add*
I brought the box out on the porch took out the wadded up paper, and removed the wrapped up knives. My plan was to take a picture, then open it & get a shot of the knives...unfortunately, before that happened, I started getting stung. A picture did get taken as my phone hit the porch - and it's a hilarious action shot - but I won't post it (it's a floor up view of me getting stung, and flailing between slaps at yellowjackets).

The wrapped up knives are still on the porch. I used the snow rake to retrieve my phone an hour later; but the two groups of guards that were coming at me convinced me not to try for them. Later, when I go out to try to get the nest (it's behind one of the porch lights)...
lol, so I guess the bees won? :eek: ;)

lol, so I guess the bees won? :eek: ;)
They certainly won that battle... but it was a sneak attack, and I was horribly outnumbered. I did go back at midnight - but I'm not sure how effective my efforts were. (The nest is apparently behind one of my porch lights; so the access is poor. Hopefully, the wiring hole wasn't used to bring the party inside the wall.) I'll check for activity later today.

Back