Mega RF2 Work In Progress!

Thanks for taking the time to post pics of the process.

Does that disc sander have box for variable speed that's not in the photo?

[video=youtube;tGDCjvUYQ2U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGDCjvUYQ2U[/video]

From his video, it looks like it's variable by dial and it goes to 11!!!! :)

Hi D! Thanks!

The video explains it all! :p I generally keep all settings at 11 including the"More 11."

I used the same motor and vfd setup as the horizontal KMG, it is a Leeson 1hp motor and a KBAC VFD... a 24d If I recall correctly. It is laying on my horizontal grinder table as I still need to mount it. I bolted it all to a 3/8" mild steel plate and used the disc from Beaumont Metal Works.

[video=youtube;tGDCjvUYQ2U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGDCjvUYQ2U[/video]

From his video, it looks like it's variable by dial and it goes to 11!!!! :)

That's right! :D

:D Here's the dowel pin in for alignment

I also put in the pressed stop pin and drilled/tapped the holes for the clip. That's a temporary blade for now... I do that because before heat treat I only ream my pivot hole to .249" and the blades do not fit on the pivot for fitting, etc... the pivot holes get lapped with 600 grit Clover Compound on a brass lap post heat treat for the tightest and smoothest fit.

I've been practicing my milling for the blade and backspacer work... glad I did because I realize I need a new round end mill!

]\

This isn't some regular old peasant steel! :p

That is a serious guarantee! I always use this D2 and I can see why.

'

I marked off a generous portion.

Chop time!

I'm going to work on the blade next... heat treat time will be soon! Thanks for watching,

Thanks for the clarification on the VFD. I sent you a DM with mire questions, so I don't tie up this thread. Good stuff, Daniel!

I'm drooling allover myself by watching your Wip! :D

Thanks Daniel, that's awesome!

I've got a 6mm and a 10mm I'll send you. I'll have to check in the shed, I may some HSS. I'll get something headed your way.

Mailed the end mills Wednesday. [emoji106]

Big thanks!!! :D

...By the way it wasn't those I was talking about, they are also getting used soon on this one though! I only had a few of the right pivots in stock and after sizing them I broke one in my 1 ton press being a complete idiot! lol sure enough my supplier has been shut down for a move but they are open now and things will be moving fast soon!

Back