• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Good Member Castnet

Grenock

Platinum Member
A quick post to highlight a shining member of the collective, at least in my opinion. Out of the blue, a year or so ago, I reached out to Castnet and introduced myself. He had posted a photo of a knife by a maker that I was seeking to add more examples of to my collection. There are no more being made and are quite difficult to come by. I let him know that should he ever decide to move it along, please think of me as I would give it a revered spot alongside some others. He said he would keep me in mind. We didn't correspond after that, and I left it alone.

Fast forward a year, and I get a follow up from Castnet that if I wanted it still, he would let it go. I told him yes, but that I did not have the funds available because I had commitments to other collectors and orders with makers that were coming due that I had to meet first before I would be able to take him up on the offer. He graciously said he could wait, so with a few extra weeks and getting a few other knife commitments met, we did the deal.

That would have been enough, but there is one more thing. Just a week or so ago, he reached out again with another knife from the same maker that we never discussed and I maybe only had an idea that he owned. He was reluctantly going to list it to chase another shiny object, you guys know the drill, and thought to offer it to me first. Again, I was in the same situation of having all my play money committed elsewhere. Again, he gave me a week at my request and we completed the transaction then.

In both instances, he offered the pieces at a price that was more than fair, even favoring me in my opinion. He recalled me after almost a year after just one PM exchange with me and not knowing me from Adam. He then granted me the time to take him up on his offers when the suprise of the deals found me out of position to take him up on them on the spot. He is an example of all anyone could hope for this community to be. At a time when it often seems there is ever more bad deals and shady characters around, I wanted to hold up this member as an example of how it could, would and often is around here.

Castnet/Ken, I thank you. You are an asset to this community and an example of how great this place can be. I am grateful for our dealings and to count you as a friend around here.

Thanks Marc, much appreciated comments. I hope you enjoy the knives.

Back