1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 35 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 31 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Memento Mori

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by 2finger, Jul 31, 2017.

1. 2finger

2finger

Jul 20, 2009
    G'day,
    I've just finished this one, in etched RWL34, brass, copper and black bamboo, with a secret compartment in the pommel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you.

2. Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 6, 2014
    Nice looking knife, I really like the black bamboo handle.

Dawkind likes this.
  3. Dawkind

Dawkind Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 3, 2000
    Love the bamboo and it looks like you grind them nice and thin.... :)

4. 2finger

2finger

Jul 20, 2009
    Thanks mate, yes this one is a full flat grind with a pretty thin edge.

5. Mecha

Mecha Madscienceforge.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 27, 2013
    If I ever become a pirate, you're getting Shanghai'd and put on custom cutlass-making duty. :D Don't worry you'll get a large percentage of booty for your efforts!

Seriously though, I bet a short, wide cutlass made by you would be fantastic, or something like a large pair of butterfly knives.

2finger likes this.
  6. PaulDiStefano

PaulDiStefano KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 14, 2016
    Woah man bamboo is freaking cool!!! Totally looks like an Asian pirate knife

2finger likes this.
  7. R APPLEBY

R APPLEBY KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 11, 2003
    Very cool knife, the bamboo handle is very distinctive, nice piece.

8. Insipid Moniker

Insipid Moniker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2011
    That's a damned handsome piece. Kudos, sir.

9. spyken

spyken Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 29, 2002