Memorial Day Give-Away

bikerector

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
In honor of those that have gone before us, I'm giving away a Sitrep of your choosing that I have in stock still. There is one available.

Rules
: this one is for our military folks, past, present and future. If you served, are serving, or are enlisted to serve this is for you. If you are a close relative (spouse, son, daughter, parent, sibling) of a military member, this is for you. This will not replace what was given so we can be free but it something I can actually do to help celebrate their sacrifice. I will also give to the Mighty Oaks foundation as if this was a sold item.

To enter, post below that you want to enter. I'm basing this on the honor system. If you want to share what branch you were in, are in, or plan to be in or who what branch your family member was in, I think thag would be cool. If you want to say what they did, that would be great too.

The winner will be randomly selectled from those claiming entry. If I catch multiple attempts to enter you will be disqualified. I reserve the right to adjust these rules as I see fit in case there's something I missed that makes facilitating the GAW challenging. The goal is to make this a fun process for everyone involved.

Ends Midnight Memorial Day, EST

8HBaReal.jpg

Note: I stink using touch screens but I can't type at my computer and hold a sleeping baby easily so I will proofread this post later. If you notice some wording changes, that is why.

Last edited:
OK I'll enter, if I am allowed. First, Thank you for a kick-ass GAW. That's awesome.

First- why I may not be allowed- My grandfather served, but I never did. But this knife wouldn't be for me. If I win the GAW, I would give this knife to our assistant in my office who is a combat vet. So the knife is for a vet, but since the knife isn't for me directly, I acknowledge that I may not qualify.

My own history- My grandfather served in the 225th antiaircraft battalion of the US Army in WW2 (the big one). You know the videos with the crossing spotlights in the dark sky, looking for enemy planes? He was the spotlight guy. You know, when everyone else gets to blend in with their surroundings, he got a spotlight in the middle of the night. He went up the beaches of Normandy, and lost his twin brother in a small village in France. He also made it to the "Eagles nest."

The guy the knife is for- Mike served as an Army Ranger, and a Pathfinder at that. He served in Afghanistan in remote areas where it was his job to take and hold mountains that were of strategic value. After discharge he went to college, where he is finishing up his bachelors degree now. He has worked in our office for the last two years, putting himself through college. His wife was recently laid off and is working a minimum wage job to hold things over until her next job comes along. Needless to say, he's strapped for cash and gear isn't part of the budget. They get by without falling behind, but live on a very stripped down barebones budget. He had a bad car crash a couple years back and had a back injury but it's finally healing up and he is getting back to hiking and more outdoors activities which he always loved. I've gifted him some gear including some knives, flashlights, but it's all more budget oriented stuff (with the exception of a nice 5.11 Rush pack I gave him).

If I am allowed enter on Mike's behalf, I'd love for him to get a really good knife. Also, and this should not influence your random selection in the slightest, I'll match your donation to Mighty Oaks whether I win this or not. I believe in what you're doing, and I'd love to be part of it.

OK I'll enter, if I am allowed. First, Thank you for a kick-ass GAW. That's awesome.

First- why I may not be allowed- My grandfather served, but I never did. But this knife wouldn't be for me. If I win the GAW, I would give this knife to our assistant in my office who is a combat vet. So the knife is for a vet, but since the knife isn't for me directly, I acknowledge that I may not qualify.

My own history- My grandfather served in the 225th antiaircraft battalion of the US Army in WW2 (the big one). You know the videos with the crossing spotlights in the dark sky, looking for enemy planes? He was the spotlight guy. You know, when everyone else gets to blend in with their surroundings, he got a spotlight in the middle of the night. He went up the beaches of Normandy, and lost his twin brother in a small village in France. He also made it to the "Eagles nest."

The guy the knife is for- Mike served as an Army Ranger, and a Pathfinder at that. He served in Afghanistan in remote areas where it was his job to take and hold mountains that were of strategic value. After discharge he went to college, where he is finishing up his bachelors degree now. He has worked in our office for the last two years, putting himself through college. His wife was recently laid off and is working a minimum wage job to hold things over until her next job comes along. Needless to say, he's strapped for cash and gear isn't part of the budget. They get by without falling behind, but live on a very stripped down barebones budget. He had a bad car crash a couple years back and had a back injury but it's finally healing up and he is getting back to hiking and more outdoors activities which he always loved. I've gifted him some gear including some knives, flashlights, but it's all more budget oriented stuff (with the exception of a nice 5.11 Rush pack I gave him).

If I am allowed enter on Mike's behalf, I'd love for him to get a really good knife. Also, and this should not influence your random selection in the slightest, I'll match your donation to Mighty Oaks whether I win this or not. I believe in what you're doing, and I'd love to be part of it.

I'll consider the knife for Mike and you're just a middleman/facilitator. I'll allow it. Meets the general purpose of the GAW.

Last call, the GAW ends tonight. So far there are effectively 2 entrants. If I don't get more I'm going to adjust the rules a little, but only a little.

The time to enter is over and it's time to announce our winner and surprise 2nd place price.

#6 is our winner, 1066vik 1066vik . You get your pick of the litter for a Sitrep. Please email me at Goodknifeco@gmail.com to pick which one you would like. Assuming you're still interested in giving the knife to Steve, I'll combine your entrant with 19-3ben 19-3ben .

J jvw4070 for being a good sport and more important, serving our great nation, I would like to offer a 2nd place price of a lightly blemished Sitrep. Functionally, there are fine and will server you very well, it's purely cosmetic. I don't like how the digicam came out on it. If you don't care about the looks and want to beat the snot out of it, it's yours. Please email me at Goodknifeco@gmail.com for shipping info and I'll gladly send one to you.

1066vik 1066vik if you decide you want at Sitrep for yourself, I have one more digicam blem I'll send to 19-3ben 19-3ben to give to steve. Same deal as the above blem, fully functional, I just don't like how it turned out. We got a little too deep into the camo pattern when finishing. Not bad, IMO, but not grade A looking either.

Handle options for 1066vik 1066vik
i6DHoLwl.jpg

kYg7EmWl.jpg

XcVUFn8l.jpg

WnEeZDJl.jpg

dwh0dBal.jpg

Cosmetic Blems
AMzmDcdl.jpg

5YXAi0rl.jpg

FUJTpcRl.jpg

These are so cool. Even the blem Digicam ones are kinda neat in a worn and scuffed BDUs kinda way.

Last edited:
These are so cool. Even the blem Digicam ones are kinda neat in a worn and scuffed BDUs kinda way.

I hadn't thought of that, maybe I just need to rename it "scuffed BDU pattern," it's like faded jeans or whatever the cool kids these days call the things that look like a pair of decade old work jeans, holes and all, but you buy them that way. I guess if you wanted breathable jeans, that's the way to go.

I hadn't thought of that, maybe I just need to rename it "scuffed BDU pattern," it's like faded jeans or whatever the cool kids these days call the things that look like a pair of decade old work jeans, holes and all, but you buy them that way. I guess if you wanted breathable jeans, that's the way to go.
You’re not implying I’d have the first clue about what cool kids do, are you?

Thanks again for the generosity - and yes, I'm more than happy to stand by my earlier statement -- please send a knife to Mike, whichever pattern 19-3ben thinks he would like best..

You're awesome, thank you!

19-3ben 19-3ben you heard the man, let's pick Steve something sweet.

5/32 is a sweet spot for harder use blades. Thin enough to be really slicey and thick enough to survive a surprising amount of abuse. Add in the toughness, corrosion resistance, and edge retention of aeb-l and you have a solid recipe for success.

Well... that grey and black layered pattern is pretty fetching... work for you?

Back