• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Merc Harness

I would like to use this harness with a CRKT First Strike , do you think its too heavy?

I have made a similar harness in 3 mm Kernmantle cord, this type of cord has a static tensile strenght of 3000 Lbs! thats about 1360 kg or the weight of small car. U can buy kernmantle in outdoorshops , they use it to make prusik knots. The kernmantle i use is very resiliant to braking( 3000 lbs!) but also against abrasion. They use this stuff as life lines for rockclimbing so they are quit abrasion resistent. I have the same harness as the merc harness and i can carry my Benchmade Nimravus without me noticing it (i tend to forget it) . I am 6.2' and weigh 210 pounds so it might be that the knife just fits me, but this harness disappears under even a white t-shirt. Fantastic design.

Nimravus specs:Blade Length: 4.50",Weight: 6.20oz.,Overall Length: 9.45"

i don't know what CRKT FS u have but the specs of the 2705 seem to be almost the same. If u go to the largest CRKT 2706 this is IMHO to much for the Merc Harness.

hope this will clarify some of your questions.

ps if u can get it direct from Merc harness get it there, it is quit a task to make the harness feel and work right , and with the cost of the kernmantle u might be cheaper and with a lot less hassle( i had to steal two beads from my 7 year old daughter) if u just get the merc harness. Because i live in Europe, and had the cord lying around i copied the design :( and made some adjustments myself so the harness is interchangable with my CS Spike, my Spyderco ronin, etc

You could make it out of tow rope if you wanted to:) The cord only needs to support about what...say 15 oz tops. Also the thicker the cord the bigger beads you will need. Ends up looking like a growth on the back of your next. I thing a First Strike would work very well. Thanks for the interest.

Nope, I was selling off the last big batch of Khaki ones. They are gone. The price is back to $10 each including shipping and no PP fees. The can be had in OD, Black, Khaki and Navy at this time:) I am getting a bunch of wholesale orders from all over. Let me know where you see 'em popping up.

Strider "MV" excels in this rig due to the way its sheathed, and while a small strider....not a small knife in general. Currently wearing a Full size Fred Perrin "Street Bowie" as well and forget when its on :) Hence the para is Plenty thick. IMHO. George some of my beads have shifted ( My fault...puppy wrestling :) any advise on readjusting them? Thanks
Loandr.
BBG to some :)

E-mail any orders to mercop@comcast.net which is also my PP addy. I have had a problem with some of the beads splitting so I have started using the same black skull beads I use on my leashes. For every harness you order you will also receive two extra skull beads for replacement or whatever. If you have broken a bead e-mail me for replacement beads or a new harness....customer service is number one:)

mercop said:
E-mail any orders to mercop@comcast.net which is also my PP addy. For every harness you order you will also receive two extra skull beads for replacement or whatever. If you have broken a bead e-mail me for replacement beads or a new harness....customer service is number one:)
THIS IS customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) :p You rock mercop!!!!!

When you deal with the BEST expect the BEST in CS as well. Email coming sir.
Russ
Loandr.

****UPDATE****

Once you have the harness mounted on your knife put it on. Have someone else center the beads in the middle of your back. Take the harness off. Lenghten both connections just a little. Then tie two loose knots like this on both sides of the beads. You will be able to get the knot back out if you need to and the beads will not slide when you take it on and off.

Attachments

• harnew.jpg
    harnew.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 281
You still making these, if so I'll send you the money via PayPal as soon as I hear from you. I'll take two.

Yes I am making them. Let me know what I can do for you. BTW I will have a bunch and the NY show tomorrow if anyone is going.

Man... these are great prices. Do you think one for a CS Kobun would be too big? I'm also considering getting a CRKT Companion, so when I do I'll check you out (plus the skull beads are a nice touch).

Not to sound stupid- but how do you set this harness up ? It seems to have one too many black skull ties?

The CRKT Companion was the first knife I ever wore with the Harness. E-mail me for a tutorial on how to mount a sheath.

Back