'Merican Puukko

bikerector

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
This is a repost from the JK forum where I started out when John helped me get my feet under me and worked through 6 or more of my 1st designs. This was one of the last before my own sub-forum was started.

The 'Merican Puukko is an interpretation of the classic Mora and puukko design with an American influence like the clip point and full tang design. The blade is thin and narrow in width so that it will be very agile in hand and great for carving in tight spaces. The handle will have some updated shaping compared to the classic mora to increase comfort and security without sacrificing the advantage a guardless design has for getting in close for detailed work.

The knife will also be very nice to carry because of the straight, sleek design. It should function well for bushcraft, cooking, and reasonably well for fishing tasks, though not as well as a fillet knife or similar designs with a thinner grind. This is still a bushcraft knife at heart and it will excel at carving while being able to handle most tasks you're willing to throw at it up to trying to baton through big pieces of wood. John's O1 heat treat will still make it quite tough, tougher than a mora, but it's still a small piece of steel compared to larger camp knives.

Rough specs (give or take because it's handmade):
3/32" thick O1 tool steel
4.5" blade
4.5" handle
0.75" handle thickness (varies more than other specs because of wood scales)
Paduk handle (looking at olive wood for a final option, but they were out of stock)
scandivex grind

ZOYeHgGl.jpg

aqiueAKl.jpg

AB67qhtl.jpg

A functional, classy and unique piece at a bargain of a price!

These are some really beautiful and attractive knives and I am really into buying them for a collection I am gonna start, can I get them from anywhere like there's a astroworld outlet nearby they also have some designed knives for sale or do I have to buy online guide me plz

This is a custom made knife ONLY available from the maker bikerector bikerector . Read the first post in this thread and the 2nd post to see the asking price. I must say, it's a bargain!

RayseM RayseM and M maryjane6801 to give credit where credit is due, this is my design but made by John Kiedaisch of JK Handmade Knives.

All going forward will be hidden tangs to save on cost and will have a more generic heat treatment. John does a great job with his O1 tool steel. There will probably never be another exactly like this one.

Last edited:
Back