Merkur adjustable razor

Does anyone here have or use adjustable safety razors?I am looking ar Merkur adjustable,not the Futur,which i have the clone of and do not really like it,maybe original is better but is too bulky,any comments welcome.Best shaves i i ever got were with cheap utopia care razor,its its a clone of some more expensive razor,of you know which one ,let me know,that one suits me very well,might get it.

Does anyone here have or use adjustable safety razors?I am looking ar Merkur adjustable,not the Futur,which i have the clone of and do not really like it,maybe original is better but is too bulky,any comments welcome.Best shaves i i ever got were with cheap utopia care razor,its its a clone of some more expensive razor,of you know which one ,let me know,that one suits me very well,might get it.
Hi,
I have 2 Mercur double edge razors and use the Futur everyday, I prefer it over my other.
Initially me finding a good brand razor blade was the only learning curve and finding what worked best and what I liked to use in them. I have the long handled Futur razor and swear by it, I have the 2nd one also with a long handle as well, usually use it for travel and as a backup.
60A6FD81-7806-48DC-9F67-1CAADFEE3D3F.jpeg

I have futur clone,its qshave,but the gap is not equal on both sides of razor and also between razor head and blade ,its misaligned.Im sure on original is differe t,but it seems this razor is too big for my taste.I like the other merkur adjustable and might be getting that one.

I found several great prices while shopping on the internet when I bought mine.
Good luck if you buy an authentic Murkur, I really enjoy using them and I like the fact that they are not the disposable plastic types that get used and just thrown away.
Real Murkur double edge razors are really nice quality and everything is aligned nicely and functions perfectly.

I have a MERCUR short handle ! I tried the long handle & it doesn't work for me.I found that the 2.1 setting works for me!
Jim & love it

Last edited:
I bought a short handled Merkur34c in 2017. Two weeks ago it broke. The 34C is a shaft-on-head three-piece system and the blade is tightened by turning the bottom of the handle into the screw shaft from the head. Being German made in Solingen I expected this to last a lifetime. No such luck. The bottom of the shaft eroded and the screw grooves are gone, so the grooves no longer reach the bottom. Merkur's site offers replacement heads but they are out of stock. I am very dissappointed in Merkur.
So I bought a Suwada, a Japanese maker of arguably the best nail clippers in Japan. They make their cutlery in Sanjo Japan. But, it turns out that they OEM their shaver from Edwin Jagger in Sheffield England. Looks like a model 86.
108PMW.jpg

zuREJU.jpg

DrrZln.jpg
6Ae792.jpg

Back