Merry Christmas Everyone

Hello friends. Bob's daughter Lan here to wish all the amazingly wonderful folks here for all you've done for our family. I texted Paul, Ron, Randy and Duncan last night, but I also want to thank all the rest of you for having such a profound impact on us dealing with our loss of my Dad (BigBiscuit for everyone here).
To be perfectly honest we are not feeling very festive this holiday due to the huge hole in our lives now. We've been sitting around talking with my Mom and reflecting on better days, and looking at old photo albums. Some laughs, some tears, but all wonderful memories. Mom and Dad were married for almost 40 years and together for 45. That's a whole lot of memories.
My son Bo who you've most all heard about, is having a rough time with the loss, but he's getting through it now.
I also want to thank everyone that donated to Bo's college fund. We are simply blown away by the shear numbers that have responded by sending donations big and small. We so appreciate each and every donation and be assured that every penny has been set aside for that purpose. Bo has one more year of high school after this year. He hasn't decided on a school yet, but that will be a big focus coming very soon. I'm selfishly hoping and trying to convince him to stay local for his first two years, then he can transfer.
So once again; Merry Christmas to all our friends here. We love you all and hope for very happy times spent with family during this holiday. Cherish all the new and old memories and tell them you love them.
I will check in again sometime, so for now see you all soon. Big Hugs!

I forgot to add this pic of Bo from this fall.

TkBEX3V.jpg

Hello Lan & Family, the first Holiday Season after losing a loved one is especially difficult, I know. You are doing the right thing by taking the time to reflect on your Dad’s life and mixing laughter in with the tears.

Peace to you all this Christmas.

Thanks for checking in Lan!
Have the best holiday season possible, knowing it will be hard.
A big hug to your Mom too!:)
Mark

Thanks for the Christmas greetings and the cool photo of Bo! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:
Lan, your taking the time and showing the kindness to do that indicates to me that you're definitely Bob's daughter! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I'm sure it will be difficult, given the circumstances, but I wish you and your family a Christmas that includes happy memories, and a New Year filled with ever-increasing peace.

- GT

Merry Christmas, Lan, and peace be with you and your family in this difficult season.

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Lan. Like 5K Qs 5K Qs mentioned, the fact that you thought of us during this time of year shows the kindness and thoughtfulness that must run in your family. We wish your family all the best in 2018. Take care!

Lan, it's so nice to see a face to Bo's Name that we have been sharing for some time here now, - a good looking young lad! I will be in touch very soon!
Try to have a nice Christmas- I am glad to see "Bobs" avatar smiling face pop up here- hes greatly missed.
I have with me today a Knife that Paul Bought that Bob owned- and modified - I havent the chance yet to take photo's- but this is one hang of a precious knife coming to me through Paul- from Bobs hands.
Merry Christmas Lan, Bo and family

Last edited:
Thanks for the nice note LAN. Blessings and peace on your family.

Marry Christmas to you all.

Both my parent passed during the Christmas Season (years apart). It makes for a different set of memories. Hold hard to the good times!

Man, pretty sad day. I've been out of pocket for a while and just read about Bob's passing. I knew he was doing poorly but have missed this news. I will never forget his great way and "BigBiscuit". The avatar he used is perfect.

"Because death is just so full and man so small."

Merry Christmas Lan, Bo, and all the Biscuits. It felt very nice to see Bob's smiling avatar popping up again. It feels good to see the relationships he fostered in life continuing to impact lives. Big Biscuit may be physically gone, but he is far from forgotten and his impact is still felt.

Merry Christmas! Thank you for the update, and we all hope you keep popping in to keep us updated:)

Glad you stopped by the forums ... I know it made alot of people smile to see that avatar pop up again ... and as tough as the loss is and at this time of year it can be hard ... but so many good memories people here have of Bob ... I'm sure your family has alot to share ...

and I think you and Bo and your family has an extended family right here if you ever need it.

I wish you and your family peace and fond memories and the joy of being together this Christmas ... you're not alone in thoughts of your father ... many were blessed to meet him even if only briefly ... God Bless & Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas Lan and family, thank you for stopping in and dropping a note. Great pic of Bo and congrats on getting his license! Now he just needs the motorcycle endorsement so he can take grandpa’s bike for a rip!!

Back