Message for Mick

You don't call...you don't write...you don't email....how about a reply on this post? Would like status report on my SA. Maybe Tom Mayo will reply from Hawaii.

Um...well...
Truthfully, we're just losers. We ground your knife out of .250" material instead of .190". So then your knife got somewhat lost in the shuffle.

The reason for our slow response is that we are in the process of moving our shop. We haven't got our computer set up as of yet. I did receive your e-mail. But needed to check records to know what the hell was going on. We will resume grinding on Monday, your knife will be ground at that time. We go to heat treat on Tuesday or Wednesday. Your knife will be included in that batch.

Sorry about the delay.

Talk to you soon

MS

its true....they are moving their shop from downtown oceanside to san marcos.....a long way away....and the only help is a crippled old marine and an alien......so give them a break......
smile.gif

Thanks for the reply Mick. I figured that with Cormac gone that it would all fall apart. Glad to see that Tom came back from surfing in time to reply. I guess I'm going to have to order a knife from him also. That way Mick, you can reply when I query him about where my knife is. Keep the faith.

ps2photo

Your knife thinks its in Antarctica right now. We get it back from Paul Bos in a week.
We'll ship it the same day we get it from Paul. Your gonna like it. We didn't have any
.156" stock. So we used .190" and distally tapered it to .156".

Did you want "tiger stripes" on that?

Ever Vigilant

SK

Hi SK,
I have sent several mail to Mick concern about the First FREE knife of photo contest that I won and the new strider folder, I like to have one but no mail from him since last 15 days.

So could you please handle this for me?
Let me know if you already know the spec that I want for FREE knife and the price, blade steel for the new folder.

Thanks a lot.

JoeChen (email: knifenut@kimo.com)

Originally posted by Mick Strider:
ps2photo

Your knife thinks its in Antarctica right now. We get it back from Paul Bos in a week.
We'll ship it the same day we get it from Paul. Your gonna like it. We didn't have any
.156" stock. So we used .190" and distally tapered it to .156".

Did you want "tiger stripes" on that?

Ever Vigilant

SK
Hey Mick,
Great talking with you today. Sounds like a great solution using a tapered grind. Sort of a "field expedient" approach. Tiger stripes sounds like a good idea. I was serious about the case of Guiness. Just add it to the card I gave you on the phone. Consider this my "going away gift to Cormac".
Keep the faith...
Peter

Back