Photos Metal Monday - Post Your Metal TRADITIONAL Pics

What a cool thread! There are some really nice/interesting knives in these pages.

My contribution is a Boker Plus miny tech tool 4 with copper covers. Attached to a not-so-traditional RovyVon copper flashlight.

bcNesHm.jpg

What a cool thread! There are some really nice/interesting knives in these pages.

My contribution is a Boker Plus miny tech tool 4 with copper covers. Attached to a not-so-traditional RovyVon copper flashlight.

bcNesHm.jpg

That's nice Joel, I've had several of the larger models, and looked at the others, but I've not seen a copper model before :cool: :thumbsup:

Sewing machine (Pfaff) advertising gift my dad carried sometimes.
VhYVxO0h.jpg

QkJTiWYh.jpg
That's great that you have a knife your father carried. :cool::thumbsup:
Here's a fancy one from Pfaff:
PDY29PG.jpg

sukXTmF.jpg

It's interesting which types of businesses tended to put their advertising on knives. It makes sense for sewing machines, since you always have threads to cut.

PDY29PG.jpg

sukXTmF.jpg

It's interesting which types of businesses tended to put their advertising on knives. It makes sense for sewing machines, since you always have threads to cut.

That's a real beauty Rachel :) :thumbsup:

Here's another I forgot. About 8-10 (?) years after those I posted above. Another from my long gone youth.;)

Rich

I have one of those too Rich, though not from my youth, it was a gift from Charlie @waynorth about 5 years ago :) :thumbsup:

Rather poor photo I'm afraid o_O

l33QafA.jpg

Jack
It is a good sturdy knife. I think (?) it was made for the scout mess kit, although I later found one with no scout shield so I guess the pattern was made for general sales also. So many boxes/knives, so few cerebral neurons o_O
Rich

PDY29PG.jpg

sukXTmF.jpg

Cool knife Rachel :cool::thumbsup: I see a corkscrew, is there a main spear and cap lifter? Looks like a pen blade but I'm hoping for the cap lifter ;)

Very nice. What more does anyone need?
I'd forgotten this one:
2l9UinA.jpg

Unmarked, but it's an Argentinian shaped handle.

Thanks Jer, it's a very slim package :) I was thinking of carrying my solitary Punale today. Cool knife buddy :thumbsup:

And now for something totally different:
View attachment 1505711
View attachment 1505712
View attachment 1505713
I don't know, but maybe a WWII Japanese pilot's propaganda knife? Anybody know more? T-A

Banzai! :D Interesting knife, with that spike and can-opener, my guess would be European, but what does the writing actually say? :thumbsup:

what does the writing actually say?
"CONTRAST AND SUPERIOR QUALITY BEST STEELING KNIFE"
Must have been written by someone for whom English was not their first language.
The overall shape is that of the fuselage of a plane, with images of a plane and the rising sun on the reverse side. Build design and quality make me think of mid-20th century Japanese imports. T-A

"CONTRAST AND SUPERIOR QUALITY BEST STEELING KNIFE"
Must have been written by someone for whom English was not their first language.
The overall shape is that of the fuselage of a plane, with images of a plane and the rising sun on the reverse side. Build design and quality make me think of mid-20th century Japanese imports. T-A

Yes, that reminds me of my Hongjie Super Knife! :D

QEvB6NJ.jpg

I was thinking of post-WW2 France, or maybe Germany, mainly based on the design of the tools, but perhaps you're right :) Certainly an interesting piece :thumbsup:

Back