Photos Metal Monday - Post Your Metal TRADITIONAL Pics

I now think you were right about the Kamp King, they may be celluloid or delrin.

Last edited:

Who made that one Kevin, I think I might even have one myself somewhere? :)

Stainless Schrade Cut Co Bos'N's Mate :D

View attachment 1481319

That reminds me of the knives Case made for the Canadian military :cool: :thumbsup:

0G2X3bk.jpg

Carrying this J. H. Thomson Sportsman's Knife today (lost its bail unfortunately) :thumbsup:

aJngyO8.jpg

nrVmf9w.jpg

Who made that one Kevin, I think I might even have one myself somewhere? :)

That reminds me of the knives Case made for the Canadian military :cool: :thumbsup:

0G2X3bk.jpg

Carrying this J. H. Thomson Sportsman's Knife today (lost its bail unfortunately) :thumbsup:

aJngyO8.jpg

nrVmf9w.jpg
Hi Jack... the New England Newspaper one is an Ulster :)

Hi Jack... the New England Newspaper one is an Ulster :)

Thank you for the info Kevin, very nice :) I'm going to have to search through my knives, but if I have something similar, I don't think it's an Ulster. I do have one with the name of my local newspaper on :thumbsup:

8FeumGC.jpg

(I ordered the pencil leads from the shopping site for a couple of bucks - they arrived all the way from Japan and included a cool origami throwing star and hand-written note)

That's cool :cool: Is your mechanical pencil by Zebra, it's very similar to the ballpoints I use? Your Higo fits in well :) :thumbsup:

4Rs6BOB.jpg

The famous George Schrade Hunting & Fishing knife :thumbsup:

View attachment 1485145 View attachment 1485146

Another smasher Kevin :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Are the old camp kings all metal? I believe so.
And I missed a quote.
I was going to say "except for the cel skin", but yeah, the really old ones had real bolsters and pins and non-metal handle covers; and the early shell handles were enamelled before they went to the celluloid skin.
Here's an Imperial boys' knife of painted vintage.
qdAknKy.jpg

Last edited:
Another big Buck Knife, but even lighter than the titanium, this one has fancy aluminum handles, and a three-dot blade from the early 1980's, a Buck 111. This one came with a fancy tooled leather sheath to match (need to take a photo of it too). These knives are often found with a previous owners name engraved in them - there were a couple of smaller sizes as well. When the world was friendlier to cutting tools they were favorite gift knives. I found this one NIB in a gunshop a number of years ago now. OH
Buck_111_Three-Dot_(2).jpg

Back