Metal trim on a Seax Sheath

I am in the process ov making a Seax Kinfe and Sheath. Most of the sheaths use either a Brass or Copper trim that is riveted on.

My Question is the metal trim just riveted on the sides covering the stitching?
Or, is the trim folded into a long "U" shape over the top of the edge leather and then riveted in place?

From the sheath view pictures, it can't be determined if the trim is folded over the top of the leather or just riveted to the sides.

I am in the process ov making a Seax Kinfe and Sheath. Most of the sheaths use either a Brass or Copper trim that is riveted on.

My Question is the metal trim just riveted on the sides covering the stitching?
Or, is the trim folded into a long "U" shape over the top of the edge leather and then riveted in place?

From the sheath view pictures, it can't be determined if the trim is folded over the top of the leather or just riveted to the sides.

Can you post pics here Paul? Then maybe we can help.

I have pictures to add to my post. What do I do to be able to download pictures from my Mac? I hav clicked on the icons but can't get to the file download icon. Where is the download icon?

Set up an account on Imgur, its free. Then click on the thumbnail of the pic you wish to post. It will open in another box with codes on the right side. Click on the BBCode button to copy and then right click and paste here in BF where you want to post the pic. I resize all pics on my Mac to 1500 pixels before uploading to imgur.

Back