1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Micarta Monday - Traditional Knives Only, Please

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by l9ll, Sep 11, 2017.

1. lambertiana

lambertiana Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2000
    It looks like your BL-22 has as many miles on it as mine does. I received it as a Christmas gift in 1975, and it has seen many thousands of rounds. I used to shoot it enough that I could shoot skeet and snowballs that were thrown in the air.

peanutsxx and Hibou Canne like this.
  2. eisman

eisman Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 9, 2009
    [​IMG]

A.S., sunknife, Modoc ED and 11 others like this.
  3. Hibou Canne

Hibou Canne Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 7, 2016
    this gun is in my family since 1977. fantastic gun HAGD

4. mbkr

mbkr Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Between retirement and the shutdown, its hard to remember what day it is o_O
    Being as I'm pretty sure its Monday... somewhere, here's an ivory and black micarta CSC Pinch.
    CSCMicartaPinch4.JPG CSCPinch18.JPG

edbeau, sunknife, hornetguy and 10 others like this.
  5. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Smith $ Sons Mud Bug lockback knives by GEC

[​IMG]

A.S., pmek5, edbeau and 10 others like this.
  6. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Bringing out the big guns. :cool::thumbsup:

Jolipapa likes this.
  7. Will Power

Will Power Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Fox Knives Italy, Livri in M390. This is linerless and light with great action, despite thickish stock it will slice softish tomatoes-benchmark test :D I so much like this steel as found on Lionsteel and Viper too that it's caused a watershed. I don't really want to buy any more carbon knives, got piles of 'em anyway;) Not really enamoured with the patina fetish, it's just rust under a sexy name :D and they need so much regular sharpening/stropping. Of course, my resolve will be tested when GEC puts out another interesting and elegant pattern but it will remain a safe ornament, got enough carbon users anyway.

This Fox knife is not only light but it's very good in hand, thus it meets the requirements of user pocket-knife

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AndreLinoge, edbeau, sunknife and 9 others like this.
  8. mbkr

mbkr Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    I have one knife with M390. I haven't used it enough to decide its the best thing since sliced bread, but I agree it sure seems like something worthwhile. I like the Bolus a lot. That Fox looks interesting. Time to do some interweb searching ;)
    The Fox looks great until you put it next to that particular GEC. I just love that winterbottomish orange bone :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Seeing as my Bolus is MIcarta and its Micarta Monday (again? where does the time go? o_O ) I get to post a pic :)
    DSCN1123.JPG

redsparrow, edbeau, sunknife and 4 others like this.
  9. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    I'm back to my almost-sequential trio... the 62, 82, and 92. In micarta, of course... I also let a Case 6235 1/2 tag along, but it's appaloosa bone, so it stayed in the pocket for the picture.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

edbeau, sunknife, Will Power and 4 others like this.
  10. tongueriver

tongueriver Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2007
    Baby folding hunter @ about 4 inches from Schrade. Folk like these with their $ from what I have seen. This one, however, has had a modded brass linerlock from a full-size hunter cut down and installed and micarta covers. It's mo betta now, but good to begin with. I like that 1095. 1231.jpg

AndreLinoge, edbeau, sunknife and 5 others like this.
  11. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Bull Nose with OD Green Canvas Micarta

[​IMG]

A.S., pmek5, edbeau and 6 others like this.
  12. Signalprick

Signalprick Jason Ritchie - Ritchie Handmade Knives Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 3, 2009
    Some brown cross cut canvas on this Dog Bone that Manny Saldana made for me. Hasn't left my pocket since I got it.
    20200518_122851.jpg

A.S., pmek5, AndreLinoge and 10 others like this.
  13. tongueriver

tongueriver Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2007
    Take it out and look at it! It's really nice! Or at least take it out when you wash yer pants.

sunknife, mbkr, hornetguy and 2 others like this.
  14. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    [​IMG]
    K'roo Lightweight Zulu Spear.

AndreLinoge, edbeau, Dschal and 3 others like this.
  15. Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Thanks, used the GEC as deliberate contrast and it is a looker (and rare bird stainless) also for size reference. But the Fox has a lot of uncluttered minimalist appeal too in my eyes.

mbkr likes this.
  16. Signalprick

Signalprick Jason Ritchie - Ritchie Handmade Knives Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 3, 2009
    I definitely try to remember to take it out before my jeans go in the wash otherwise it's a daily user too! As it should be! ;) Got a little O1 patina brewin'. :cool:
    20200518_132404.jpg

A.S., Llasi, AndreLinoge and 7 others like this.
  17. Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    That Herringbone Micarta is some massively effective stuff :cool: Superb example:thumbsup:

Signalprick likes this.
  18. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Happy Memorial Day! :)... We owe a great debt.

Red Trout / Tidioute
    [​IMG]

19. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Used on my steak last night...
    [​IMG]

Dschal, Llasi, redsparrow and 3 others like this.
  20. AndreLinoge

AndreLinoge Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2014
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#66 and #82 stockmans starting to age nicely, the HDFK is polished well enough it's indifferent to time so far. No change to match the bolts' wear yet, even, except some scratches on the other side.

Memorial Micarta Monday. They just did the salute and played Taps while I was playing with the camera.

Thanks to all the veterans and families with folded flags, here and everywhere. Passed dogs, dads, grandparents, and all who aren't here anymore... Salute.. Thank you for being there.