Micarta Monday - Traditional Knives Only, Please

HI, this is a GEC farm and field 99 farmer lock
49740552462_ca47a3b230_b.jpg[IMG]

It looks like your BL-22 has as many miles on it as mine does. I received it as a Christmas gift in 1975, and it has seen many thousands of rounds. I used to shoot it enough that I could shoot skeet and snowballs that were thrown in the air.

It looks like your BL-22 has as many miles on it as mine does. I received it as a Christmas gift in 1975, and it has seen many thousands of rounds. I used to shoot it enough that I could shoot skeet and snowballs that were thrown in the air.
this gun is in my family since 1977. fantastic gun HAGD

Fox Knives Italy, Livri in M390. This is linerless and light with great action, despite thickish stock it will slice softish tomatoes-benchmark test :D I so much like this steel as found on Lionsteel and Viper too that it's caused a watershed. I don't really want to buy any more carbon knives, got piles of 'em anyway;) Not really enamoured with the patina fetish, it's just rust under a sexy name :D and they need so much regular sharpening/stropping. Of course, my resolve will be tested when GEC puts out another interesting and elegant pattern but it will remain a safe ornament, got enough carbon users anyway.

This Fox knife is not only light but it's very good in hand, thus it meets the requirements of user pocket-knife

UH4EqFM.jpg

nflVa4h.jpg

Fox Knives Italy, Livri in M390. This is linerless and light with great action, despite thickish stock it will slice softish tomatoes-benchmark test :D I so much like this steel as found on Lionsteel and Viper too that it's caused a watershed. I don't really want to buy any more carbon knives, got piles of 'em anyway;) Not really enamoured with the patina fetish, it's just rust under a sexy name :D and they need so much regular sharpening/stropping. Of course, my resolve will be tested when GEC puts out another interesting and elegant pattern but it will remain a safe ornament, got enough carbon users anyway.

This Fox knife is not only light but it's very good in hand, thus it meets the requirements of user pocket-knife

UH4EqFM.jpg

nflVa4h.jpg
I have one knife with M390. I haven't used it enough to decide its the best thing since sliced bread, but I agree it sure seems like something worthwhile. I like the Bolus a lot. That Fox looks interesting. Time to do some interweb searching ;)
The Fox looks great until you put it next to that particular GEC. I just love that winterbottomish orange bone :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Seeing as my Bolus is MIcarta and its Micarta Monday (again? where does the time go? o_O ) I get to post a pic :)
DSCN1123.JPG

I have one knife with M390. I haven't used it enough to decide its the best thing since sliced bread, but I agree it sure seems like something worthwhile. I like the Bolus a lot. That Fox looks interesting. Time to do some interweb searching ;)
The Fox looks great until you put it next to that particular GEC. I just love that winterbottomish orange bone :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Seeing as my Bolus is MIcarta and its Micarta Monday (again? where does the time go? o_O ) I get to post a pic :)
View attachment 1342432

Thanks, used the GEC as deliberate contrast and it is a looker (and rare bird stainless) also for size reference. But the Fox has a lot of uncluttered minimalist appeal too in my eyes.

R9NeDul.jpg

wbIVBBz.jpg

#66 and #82 stockmans starting to age nicely, the HDFK is polished well enough it's indifferent to time so far. No change to match the bolts' wear yet, even, except some scratches on the other side.

Memorial Micarta Monday. They just did the salute and played Taps while I was playing with the camera.

Thanks to all the veterans and families with folded flags, here and everywhere. Passed dogs, dads, grandparents, and all who aren't here anymore... Salute.. Thank you for being there.

Back