Micarta Monday - Traditional Knives Only, Please

Even though this little beauty has moved on since this shot was taken it was originally welcomed with open arms here and gave me great pleasure when sending it on to a friend a couple of years ago. :)
GEC 14 in :cool: Black Canvas Micarta
uNDrKVP.jpg

sparerow
What a great little knife and my favorite shield! ;) :D

WjFKxPQ.jpg

Who says Micarta isn't tough?

After some time on a galvanized wood shed roof
t0dTu85.jpg

Cleaned up with no ill effect either to the 1095 blade or Micarta covers or the frame.
onGEx5O.jpg

Wow, that looks like a new knife!!! Amazing!

Here's a Tony Bose pattern trapper I finished up yesterday. Shipped to it's new home today. She's wearing OD green and tan canvas micarta over black G10 accents.
20210228_170429.jpg

RcSk0uI.jpg

As it's spring beckoning, animals tend to start moulting and start a new coat. This Muslin Micarta is soon to shed its coat in favour of wood garb :cool:

Quandry: which to choose?? Olive Wood block top or English Yew slabs bottom? Vexing :D

Regards, Will

RcSk0uI.jpg

As it's spring beckoning, animals tend to start moulting and start a new coat. This Muslin Micarta is soon to shed its coat in favour of wood garb :cool:

Quandry: which to choose?? Olive Wood block top or English Yew slabs bottom? Vexing :D

Regards, Will
Nice Will! :cool: I'm sure you'll be happy with whichever one you decide on and I'm so glad I don't have that decision to make! :eek: I do look forward to seeing the end result of your choice. :thumbsup::thumbsup: olive wood!!! ;)

Last edited:
RcSk0uI.jpg

Regards, Will

- a good quandry to muse over ;)

Both'll look good, but the Pippy Yew edges it for me

RcSk0uI.jpg

Regards, Will
I throw my vote for the Olive Wood, those slabs have some beautiful grain! :thumbsup:;):thumbsup:

Back