Micarta scales for the Shaman?

Shepardcc on Instagram will make them. He starts out at about $95 for a set. They look really well done.

Last edited:
Shepardcc on Instagram will make them. He starts out at about $95 for a set. They look really well done.

His work looks good but his track record is dubious (see this thread:https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/shepardcc-scam.1502946/). Most likely a case of a maker taking too many orders and getting in over his head, although his common request for F&F payment does raise a bit of a red flag. Regardless, his reputation on this forum is not good.

Prior to finding the aforementioned thread, I actually contacted him a few weeks ago about getting some micarta Shaman scales made. Lead time was estimated at two to three months. Not worth the wait (or the risk) in my opinion.

20190330_195153.jpgWell I went the cheap and faster option. They came out much darker than I wanted but not to bad for my first attempt I think. Was going for a dark red but got burgundy instead....over cooked them a bit ! You can really see the G10 though.

I like the jade. It reminds me of sea glass.

Nice to have the option to dye them however you want, though.

Back