Michigan Utility Knife and 24/7 Passaround Signup

The Michigan Utility Knife is a bushcraft knife as a design focus, but like any good multi-purpose knife, it will handle the work nicely. This thing would be a very good choice for processing food, game, and fish. Nice fine point for piercing skin and very slicey. It wouldn't be my first choice for batoning through big chunks of wood but it does fine for what is needed for fire starting.

I can't wait to get this in the kitchen. Hopefully, the local store will have some fresh meat next time I go as they catch up to the sudden demand.

jHVotRbl.jpg

ck6bp6Il.jpg

Z1rBO7ml.jpg

@woodysone greatscoot greatscoot @Nature Boy Wurrwulf Wurrwulf f1addict f1addict

Below is the tentative schedule for the Michigan utility knife and 24/7 knife. I should be receiving them in the next couple of days and then I will send them after I feel I've had adequate time to test them myself and then send them on their way.

View attachment 1307333

Wurrwulf, greatscoot, and Nature Boy, please email me your contact and shipping information along. GoodKnifeCo@gmail.com

If these time frames don't work out for you, please let me know and I can make adjustments as needed. There is only one person trying out two knives so this one is pretty easy to move people around to give people adequate time to test them out.

Please review the rules and conditions in the OP. By accepting to part of the passaround I will assume you have read them and agree to the terms about how to treat my knives.

I'm excited to get these in-hand and also to get them into yours for some trials, testing, and talking.

Cheers!

I still need contact information from Wurrwulf Wurrwulf greatscoot greatscoot and @Nature Boy. I know it's been some mad crazy times but I will need to get these before I can send the knives out to you for testing.

If you emailed me already, please let me know, maybe there's something funky going on with my spam filter, though I have only really had issues with my Microsoft emails and google does really good.

GoodKnifeCo@gmail.com or PM me on the forum and I'll get your info recorded. I still plan to ship these out next week as long as my schedule allows as I may start covering other manager's shift as some have started calling in on 3rd so we're doing whatever we can to keep the doors open (food manufacturing).

Thank you both for getting me your info and for your willingness to be part of the testing group.

I spent some time in the kitchen the knives last night and this morning. Last night I sliced up some potatoes to fry (no pics) and this morning I broke up a 10lb pork loin to freeze some have some for breakfast and save another for a roast or something similar later in the week.

Summary, they both did great. The Michigan Utility knife would be better with the potatoes with a full-height grind (extra $10 and special order only) but it still did admirably. The blade shape is stellar.

The 24/7 did quite well also and with the thin, full-height grind it did well with the slicing but with the lack of blade length, it was certainly a limitation. But, it's not a kitchen knife either. It would do a killer job as a paring knife role

1SGRrc9l.jpg

yBGIYAvl.jpg

iBpeAwol.jpg

oKOntmcl.jpg

7viALQGl.jpg

Last test with the MUK today, cutting up some potatoes and apples for a pork roast. I really like the size and shape of this one as a most-purpose knife. It's not as straight as most general-purpose knives I've used but I think it works really well with the sweeping handle, and it certainly has a unique feel in hand and in use. I may have to get a personal one in burlap micarta to add to my burlap JK-made collection

I plan to get these ready to ship tonight and put in the mail tomorrow. I start 3rd shift tomorrow night so I think it will be working, sleeping, and taking care of the fam for the next few days as I adjust to the time switch for the next 2 weeks (hopefully it's only 2 weeks).

VhUdi5Sl.jpg

The knives are boxed up and going out tomorrow to the 1st two testers. They get them for two weeks and then the next two can expect them shortly after. I will keep you all updated as they get ready to ship to the next in line and all that.

upload_2020-3-22_17-3-47-png.1307333

Just pulled the box out of my mailbox! Updates will be coming shortly and, hopefully, frequently.

Glad it made it, USPS has turned into below snail mail lately. I have several packages that are a week behind coming to me and the MUK seems like it's been delayed for some reason. Are they back to horseback? Took 5-6 days to make it to the Detroit distribution center and leave... it's a 30 min drive there. They've been pretty good until the last few weeks so maybe there's something going on with the local offices since Detroit is a hotbed for COVID.

First hits out of the box:

Handle shape and size are beautifully matching to my M/L glove-sized hands.
The blade shape is prominent and confidence inspiring.
I love whatever grit finish the handle is- rough enough for confidence but not so much to cause discomfort.

I'm looking forward to getting some use out of this beaut! Thank you to John and Chad.

Day 1 has been fairly uneventful, as I'm sure y'all can imagine right now. I cleaned the oil off of the blade, slipped it into its kydex sheath, and placed it in the left front pocket of my khakis.

I have to say, never once did I notice it while walking or sitting. I actually checked to make sure it didn't fall out. Very, very easy to pocket carry.

So far, it's only helped peel an orange, but it'll get more use over the next week or so. I've got some cardboard boxes that need to be broken down and some bell peppers to cut up. That's about the extent of my knife usage these days as it is, but I can already foresee the 24/7 being a great choice.

00100lr-PORTRAIT-00100-BURST20200409135534465-COVER-2.jpg

I just emailed out shipping information for the next 2 testers in line. Both knives are tentatively scheduled to ship on Monday of next week, give or take a day or two for handling time and such.

Next up, greatscoot greatscoot for the MUK and f1addict f1addict for the 24/7. Based on how slow the knives arrived to the current testers when I shipped them initially, I think you could expect them around next weekend (about 10 days from now).
upload_2020-3-22_17-3-47-png.1307333

I look forward to hearing from the current testers when they finish up with them in the next several days.

Thank you again to all who have been willing to test the knives out and give me your input. It helps John and I out greatly to make adjustments to the knife designs and gives us considerations for future designs.

Back