Micro Roni for Glock

I have a friend who had something similar - made in Germany and the name escapes me.

The thought I have is that you are taking a $500 pistol, and turning it into a SBR-like device for a total of (based on the link you provided) $750 to $948.

That kind of cash will buy you some fine AR-15 pistol components and you won't have to convert your $500 pistol to complete the project. Additionally, you can build a 9mm AR pistol if you want, but you also can build a .223/5.56 or a 300 Blackout etc.

I guess I just think I would be better off with a complete new piece than swapping my pistol back and forth.

Neat idea though, and I am sure it is a hoot to fire - my friend's piece sure was and it is a heck of a conversation piece as well.

best

mqqn

Well you get a pistol plus a pdw for $750, so since I already have a g19 I went for it. Inserting or removing the pistol only takes seconds. Tried it out last weekend, pretty fun and much lighter than an AR9, but I need some more time with it - I'll post a review after I shoot it some more this weekend.

MicroRoni1.jpeg Well I have about 400 rounds through this now, and I like it! Very quick to insert or remove the glock. Function has been flawless. I am slightly more accurate with the roni than pistol, especially past 10 yards, as one would expect. I am slightly faster with the pistol though, since the small red dot takes more time to center "dead on" than sights. But then it's more accurate.
I'm not decided on the functional role of the roni yet. I think it works best as a truck gun to have handy when you can't have a rifle nearby. I do think that in a panic situation I would be able to shoot more accurately with the roni. Here's a pic at 15 yards, shooting pretty rapidly not target style. My shooting with the pistol was pretty dreadful this time (had just installed new sights and they were a tad off) so it's not a truly representative comparison. With the sights fixed I'm now shooting the pistol centered and group size is about 2/3 of what is pictured here, but the roni still shoots as pictuured or better as I get used to it.

Last edited:
I think its more for those people for whom an SBR or PCC might be a harder thing to do. For example I'm thinking (though not certain) that these would be easier to get in Canada, where barrel length limits are different, and a short barrel PCC would be out of the question, even if the pistol is not. If you already had the pistol, I can see it being a reasonable thing, possibly even useful if all you owned was a glock but wanted to teach someone to shoot? Not really sure, it goes a little past cool toy, but I'm not 100% sold on the use-case, since I have trouble seeing any use where compromise is acceptable.

I'm in law enforcement and have co-workers who are in schools who use/have them in case of a school shooting incident. Almost like having a rifle but easily concealed as to no cause alarm like an AR would. Your right FishFace5, they are more accurate than just shooting a naked pistol.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea, but I don't have a clue about the legality of something. And considering the slidefire debacle, I don't want to buy something and two and three years later from now be told that I have to surrender it because of some rule change, or otherwise go through NFA paperwork for both it and the gun to remain legal.

That is a legitimate concern. Luckily it is a comparatively cheap item, if you already have a glock, as opposed to buying an ar9 pistol. I feel sure that I would be better able to use the roni effectively under stress in a defensive situation than the pistol alone. But if I was in my house I would reach for a rifle or shotgun first.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea, but I don't have a clue about the legality of something. And considering the slidefire debacle, I don't want to buy something and two and three years later from now be told that I have to surrender it because of some rule change, or otherwise go through NFA paperwork for both it and the gun to remain legal.

We are "told" a lot of things. Getting everyone to comply with unconstitutional bs is another thing entirely.

Back