Micro tomahawk- its done

Okiedokie

4f571b7351115332df6ac8f9d733b150.jpg

66f3eaf9060d2771b7cdc2f7ce074467.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good job my man!

There are a few slight blemishes, but when the patina takes back over, it will have the hand forged look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking as a welder, it's just better practice and easier to blend etc. while you have the welder handy so you can build up material if you need too rather than be forced to remove material to even things out.

It looks great. I think you need to find a tiny set of stamps and put 'made in the USA' on it.

I could use my electric engraving pencil, but I wouldn't feel right about that as the steel came from a cheap Chinese machete.

Good job, both of you getlemen. I had this idea for a while, but I don't have any forging knowledge whatsoever. Maybe some day.

Good job, both of you getlemen. I had this idea for a while, but I don't have any forging knowledge whatsoever. Maybe some day.
Thanks 👍 and don't be discouraged.
Do you have a welder and blowtorch ? Because if so the easiest way to do it would be to cut out a piece for the bit then weld it to a small piece of pipe. After that just drift the eye by heating it and hammering in a spike. ( for throwing at a foam target it doesn't even need to be hardened steel so a cheap welding plate from Lowe's will work ) if I had a welder and welding experience I could probably make one by that method in under two hours including a handle and sheath.

Thanks 👍 and don't be discouraged.
Do you have a welder and blowtorch ? Because if so the easiest way to do it would be to cut out a piece for the bit then weld it to a small piece of pipe. After that just drift the eye by heating it and hammering in a spike. ( for throwing at a foam target it doesn't even need to be hardened steel so a cheap welding plate from Lowe's will work ) if I had a welder and welding experience I could probably make one by that method in under two hours including a handle and sheath.

Nope, but I may just get some. Thanks for the tips!

Thank you very much! Really like the community on this subforum...

All I used was a torch, hacksaw , hammer, and files to make this ( the file pattern was something I had previously done to the spine of the broken crap machete I made it from )

The head was mailed back to me today, and will likely be here before next week ( don't remember the exact day I mailed it, but I believe it arrived to him in under a week )
I also got a huge cardboard box to make my target out of, I plan on ending up with a 18"/18" block made up of 18"/3x strips. I just have to figure out how it stick it together ( maybe I'll make a wooden frame to hold it together )

Awesome. That pic with the Jersey sure makes it look as tiny as it is!

Definitely. It would be funny to see a pic of it on my Vaughan sub zero to make it look like a full sized hawk or use that picture to make someone think that the Jersey axe it's setting on is giant
" check out this giant Jersey axe head I found, here's a standard tomahawk head for scale " 😁

Definitely. It would be funny to see a pic of it on my Vaughan sub zero to make it look like a full sized hawk or use that picture to make someone think that the Jersey axe it's setting on is giant
" check out this giant Jersey axe head I found, here's a standard tomahawk head for scale " 😁

Okiedokie

66f3eaf9060d2771b7cdc2f7ce074467.jpg

Resourcefulness, cooperation, recycling, invention, sharing of skills, and....

A 35lb Jersey!

Definitely take that picture.

There are some neat guys in this forum. :thumbup:

Need to make a target still, bug the hawk itself is done ( had to make yet another haft )

Thank you micah for welding this up for me, and thanks to everyone who followed along even though I kept adding meaningless updates.
This was definitely a fun project that resulted in a cool little hawk that may or may not throw well.

Last edited:
Back