Mid month beautiful offerings

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
L to r

19.5 inch 36 ounce Chiurwa Ang Khola by Anil. Neem wood handle. Steel cost at $145. *SOLD*

12 5/8 inch 12 ounce villager fit and finish Hasiya by Kumar. Satisal wood handle. $68.

15.5 inch 16 ounce villager fit and finish Chainpuri by Ram Kumar. Satisal wood handle. Carved wooden sheath. Steal at $78.

oRfGEGU.jpg

15 1/4 inch 24 ounce Ang Khola Bowie by Bhakta. Neem wood handle. Best buy at $118.

8 7/8 inch 8 ounce Mini Micro Bowie by Bhakta. Satisal wood handle. $85

oTaHC4P.jpg

gS1iFp9.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to get any or all
First come first served

Last edited:
EMS for the 15 1/4 inch 24 ounce Ang Khola Bowie by Bhakta with neem wood handle. It's a good mate for one that I got a few weeks ago that was the same length but 5 oz heavier. I can think of them as a mated pair. Got the Done Deal.

I like the round butt-end version of this model. That seems more common on the older AK Bowies, such as this one by Bura, which is the same length and weight as today's AKB:

upload_2019-1-15_14-32-28.png

Most of the new ones look like this at the butt end:

MiniMicroBowie9in-Bhakta7oz-02-butt.jpg

It's not a bad look; I just prefer the old style. On the other hand, the older AK Bowies, like the Bura one shown above, have a short top fuller, not quite as elegant as the long fuller on the new versions.

Last edited:
Im with ya David but I do like the Bahkta ones too. The blade profile and recurve is sweet! And then the old Sanu fullers are killer! Cant say enough about AKB's
910e495c28a839d76b79658bffa3887d

A few of mine. I have a few more Buras since, and Thamar and ...
The forth one from the right is from Sanu. Check out the front heavy belly deep fullers and palm swell! That one commands some serious meat!
That Anil CAK today is a winner for me! That wood is awesome! Still need a new family pic.

I like that French sword/bayonet at the bottom of your photo. I have one of those. They're usually from 1870-1880 or thereabouts, a time when rifles with bayonets were the dominant arms for infantry, but people still had a fondness for the old saber sword shapes. They make a real good sword when you take them off the rifles. The grips are usually very comfortable, and you can wrap a finger around the curved bottom guard for good control.

They're surprisingly inexpensive at auction sites, probably because the French made a zillion of them and they don't fit on modern rifles. Any surface rust cleans up easily from the blade. The trick is to get one with a good handle, since that's a lot harder to clean up than the blade itself.

This one is engraved "St. Etienne Mears 1871" on the spine, with matching serial numbers on handle and scabbard. St. Etienne was a famous center in France for the manufacture of swords and knives beginning in the middle ages. Eventually they switched over to mostly producing firearms.

FrenchBayonet1871-Chassepot-01cr.JPG

Last edited:
EMS for a friend! 19.5 inch 36 ounce Chiurwa Ang Khola by Anil. Neem wood handle. Steel cost at $145.

HE got done deal!

EMS for a friend! 19.5 inch 36 ounce Chiurwa Ang Khola by Anil. Neem wood handle. Steel cost at $145.

HE got done deal!
That is a steel cost! Them 19-20 inch AK can definitely blow some chunks! I got a traditional and a chirruwa and they both have their perks. That was a 16" price tho! Grats Mr. G!

Back