Mid-Tech Production Line Question!

Mr. Tettnanger

Gold Member
Is Fiddleback Forge still producing these or has there time run out? I've owned several of the Camp Knife and Hiking Buddy models. I've sold them off in the past, but recently got back into a pair of them. These are keepers for sure!

I am interested in maybe trying a few of the other models when funny money allows but I see that availability is spotty on them. Just curious if this line will continue or not?

Thanks all!

Last edited:
The Runts, Bushfinger & Hiking Buddy are done. We are atill uncovering a few like the HBs just listed that have been missplaced during the 3 shop moves since the MidTech line started.

There are still some Duke and Camp blanks for Custom Shop renditions in the future. Also, there aree about 20-30 Kephart blanks left

The Runts, Bushfinger & Hiking Buddy are done. We are atill uncovering a few like the HBs just listed that have been missplaced during the 3 shop moves since the MidTech line started.

There are still some Duke and Camp blanks for Custom Shop renditions in the future. Also, there aree about 20-30 Kephart blanks left

I appreciate that. I am glad that I scooped up this pair then. Thank you!

I think they are over with M Mr. Tettnanger Total bummer. I should have gotten a 3v camp knife while there was still a chance. But, I’m dumb apparently. Lol

Yeah...total Bummer!

But, there are Camp Knives out there for sure. Reach out and see if anybody has one they want to let loose! I got one that way recently! A very cool member did me a REAL SOLID and got me into one again!

Best of luck!

Yeah...total Bummer!

But, there are Camp Knives out there for sure. Reach out and see if anybody has one they want to let loose! I got one that way recently! A very cool member did me a REAL SOLID and got me into one again!

Best of luck!
Check out BladeHQ. They have one lonely Production Camp available. Looks like KSF has a Runt, BF and HB left as well. Really glad I picked up a Production Duke several months ago.
https://www.bladehq.com/cat--Fiddleback-Forge--1927
https://www.knivesshipfree.com/fiddleback-forge-production-models/

Is it worth getting custom scales for a production Hiking Buddy? Is that possible? I liked the look of lemon drop yellow as seen on a knife just in the sale from
7-24-20. Or maybe even dreamsicle bone?

Last edited:
Is it worth getting custom scales for a production Hiking Buddy? Is that possible? I liked the look of lemon drop yellow as seen on a knife just in the sale from
7-24-20. Or maybe even dreamsicle bone?
Every now and then a Custom Shop (CS) version pops up on Fiddleback Friday or in the Flea Market. Those CS versions are custom handles on the Production steel/blades. They typically sell very fast!

All three versions of the HB.
All 3 Hiking Buddy variations together
Top to Bottom
Production
Custom Shop Production
Handmade
2v2JEA3EDxurAoi.jpg

I've been using my years old original mid tech Duke and Kephart in S35VN and continue to be amazed at the heat treat and edge holding ability through very hard use. They are my firewood processing knives for all car/moto camping and on more than one occasion motorcycle event (BMW) camping the only 2 useable knives on site. I've batoned, pried, poked, split, cut, shaved hundreds of logs with both and can't remember sharpening or stropping except the once at Trackrock years ago by some of the extended Fiddleback crew. This thread made me take them out and check the edges, and while they could both use a touchup, still very sharp.

I've got some Custom Shops I've wanted to move into rotation but the regulars can't seem to get out of the way.

Back