Midnight offering for 12/11

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
15 inch 20 ounce Gopte Khukuri by Ram Kumar. Dhar wood handle. Natural leather sheath. Usual top of the line work by Ram Kumar. $145. *SOLD*

r0KIPt9.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to order
First come first served

Last edited:
"The Gopte! This beauty really does well for it's weight and shape, although I'll be reserving it for practicing fighting techniques, as that's REALLY what it's meant for. Fast, light, perty, and a good chopper, what else can you ask for?"
- DarthTaco123

Last edited:
I love the Goptes a more rare offering on the forum and they handle well cut like an Ang Khola and durable with that beautiful sweep its like a foxy sweep and and Ak durability all into one I still use mine as my go to blade along with the jungle knife.

Great score

Just letting you know that I checked out your Gopte video once again, Red!
Yours if I recall is 27 ounces and this one is 20. How is yours holding up? It looks great in the video. Slice--y! Does it do food prep good?

Yours if I recall is 27 ounces and this one is 20. How is yours holding up? It looks great in the video. Slice--y! Does it do food prep good?
Amko, this is Reds video also. This is the exact knife and knife maker mine is also + 2! Translated, “1 = none and 2 = 1!”

Thanks Mr A. Those are some neat videos! Who made your Gopte?
Amko, please call me George. Dhan Kami made it. There were only 2 left that Auntie had in her stock she dug out. She told me “I’ll keep one and you keep one for our collection!” I’ll never forget how gracious she was! This Kami is no longer with her.

Last edited:
92D430F2-9E74-476E-835C-58328A9A5389.jpeg B15788B0-734E-43CB-B536-B43752E2B801.jpeg
George it is. But with your deep pockets I need to call you Sir George ;)

Seriously: How do you like your Gopte? Would love a photo!
The only photo I have is not too good but I’ll try to post it so you can see the profile. I love the deep chopping belly on it. It chops like an Ang Khola but lighter. It’s a great “all around” knife like the BAS!

Thanks so much for sharing, George! Loving that silhouette. Do you know the weight?

View attachment 1036391

Here is my Gopte and it is made by Dhan Kami - 15.5 inch - 27 oz - Dhar wood handle.

Very useful, love mine.

Yup that's the same gopte I have Dhan kami and dhar wood handle

That was my first purchase of HIKV, still my favorite chopper beats out the ang khola and my m43, my dhar handle is super tacky /rough in a good way its grippy yet smooth.

I remember Yangdu saying Dhan no longer being around when George Azar was looking for his and got the other one from around my time.

They are awesome

Yuo

Yup 27 oz it is rocking still my favorite heavy chopper

I just emailed Auntie to send the Gopte to my friend in Texas and it's going to be a while before I lay my hands on it.
USPS-ing to my India address doesn't work...Customs detains it pending paperwork. Sucks. Oh well.

I have to say, this Gopte is a different animal compared to say Red Eagle's, or Cul's, or George's. It's fancier: look at the silver stuff on the handle. It's lighter, at 20 ounces. And it's made of dhar wood, with the characteristic reddish color. The cho is different too. And the 'sword of shiva' is unlike any I've seen. Honestly I don't know what to make of it. To me at first it seemed child-like, almost juvenile particularly given its weird sword of shiva. On the plus side the sheath seems beautifully done. And despite my initial impressions (I won't say misgivings) there is always the blade and the edge, which Auntie promises is sharp. And hey, 20 ounces? Exactly what my BAS weighs. I can live with that.

Last edited:
Back