MidWest Khukri Khonvention

Satori said:
The turboprop :) will be dropping me off at 11:30 PM, your time, so I probably won't swing by until the next morning. Just let me know a good time. Since you mentioned the Box, I'll be sure to bring some cash. :)

You know that you could stay at my place and use the hotel money for blades, don't you? :confused:

It may not be hotel ritzy with maid service and all...but you *are* welcome.

I just got back from vacation early and will be able to make it out there Saturday, so count me down as a definite, Nasty. Will email you soon.

Bob

WooHoo! Another knut in the house!

Directions and legal warnings and disclaimers sent. Make sure you complete your living will before you come. ;)

Wow - y'all are going to have a great time. I'm sad to miss out, but glad somebody gets to have some fun this weekend. I'll be eating dust.....:footinmou :barf:

At least 7 counting Big Bob...

Um...Dan? All of us will be eating dust this weekend...but when we do it, it's considered fun and relaxing.

Nasty said:
You know that you could stay at my place and use the hotel money for blades, don't you? :confused:

It may not be hotel ritzy with maid service and all...but you *are* welcome.

Well, now that you mention it...wouldn't be the first time I slept on the floor...or a yard...or the side of the street...:)

In all seriousness, by the time I get my luggage, snag a car and get myself into your neighborhood it'll most likely be 0100 or later. It won't be a problem for me to find a room for the night in the area at least for Friday night. That's kind of late to be knocking on someone's door.

By the way, I'll be bringing a tulwar, manjushree, a hanshee hybrid and the Monster Napoleon along with me. I really wanted to bring the Grosse Messer but I don't have a rifle case large enough to hold it.

LOL!! :eek: :D

You got me there, Nasty.

That said, if I had come, I would have gladly let y'all eat the dust first...in my best gentlemanly voice.

:p

:footinmou

Will miss your presence Dan! Will be good to meet y'all Satori and Big Bob.

I can't wait. I am estimating I'll be there around 11. I'm bringing my little tent.Hope the wind is kinder this yr. :rolleyes: :D

Sat - 1:00 wouldn't be a problem, but it's your call. I will leave the front door open...the room is to your right at the front of the house. There will half a dozen heavily armed khukri knuts within earshot and most likely awake. Pity the fool that shows up at the door and doesn't look like you!

I know Hollow and Tom will be camped in the back yard so they can listen to the geese, Brian will be in his van in front of the house, RoadRunner will either take the couch or a mat on the floor in the front room (I keep a mat behind the couch and occasionally treat myself to it for the sake of my back). I'm not sure what Big Bob's plans are, but the mat does sleep *very* well.

The kitchen is available all hours, the restroom is between the front door and the guest room.

The cats are *not* interested in seeing your knives BTW...;)

Whenever folks show, they show. This is relaxed and family style...as it should be between brothers.

Nasty said:
Sat - 1:00 wouldn't be a problem, but it's your call. I will leave the front door open...the room is to your right at the front of the house. There will half a dozen heavily armed khukri knuts within earshot and most likely awake. Pity the fool that shows up at the door and doesn't look like you!

Phrasing it like that certainly puts it in perspective. I'll be by tomorrow night. A tent is sounding good - I always did sleep better when I can hear the night noises. Very relaxing.

Now, whether I can set my tent up in the dark or not is another matter. You have to keep an eye on us city boys. :)

Nasty, I'll be camping out in your yard with Hollow and Tom. I should arrive at your place before 5 pm Saturday. Hope we can do something on Sunday if not the later part of Saturday.

Bob

Heck...*I* may have to pull my tent out and join the rest of you in the yard!

Sat - If you'd like, I could set a tent for you in the back and have it ready for you to move into. Let me know. If not, there is a motion sensing floodlight in the back. :D

Bob - I am sure we will be doing *something*. I know whoever is here will be glad to see you!

OMG - What a time we are having! Everyone arrived safely, just waiting to see Big Bob later today...pics as we have time, but we *are* taking them.

Just finished the blem box, heading out to the buffers now to dress up the new villagers.

Great news. The weather down there looked "iffy."

I'm jealous. Have fun, be safe.

Did you empty the blem box???? :confused: How was breakfast??? :confused: :confused: Just a little tip......maybe you should all start saving for a plane ticket to Reno.....Yangdu and I are plotting :D

mamav said:
Did you empty the blem box???? :confused: How was breakfast??? :confused: :confused: Just a little tip......maybe you should all start saving for a plane ticket to Reno.....Yangdu and I are plotting :D

1. 'Pert near

2. Great. Hollow brought some GREAT grub.(details to follow [along with details of fun ond follies])

3. Plotting? Hmmmmmm.

Back