Might anyone know who made this FRENCH Knife ?

Hi all,

I was just going through a box of "Paring" Knives I've collected over the years.
I find it odd that I never noticed that the following "Paring" Knife (which I always thought pretty cool) was marked/FRANCE. What I did notice was the Blade is marked the following :

COOK THINGS
BOSTON
(and off to the side in smaller print) FRANCE

This "Paring" Knife has an O.A.L. of 7.5" with a 4" Blade.
The thin Blade/Stock is FULL Tang. The WOOD handles appear (maybe) to be perhaps
"Olive Wood" ? I can't even recall when I found this lovely lil' French Knife. I suspect I paid less than a couple of dollars at either a Junk Shop and/or Flea Market. The Knife feels lovely in the Hand and is VERY light weight. Any help I.D.'ing this French Knife would be greatly appreciated. Ummmm "Cook Things". Perhaps an old Store in Boston ? Thanks.

178742560_2931392867107698_6914196248025880522_n.png

HARDBALL

Most likely they contracted a company in France. Could be one of many years ago. There are still a few their today. I know this isn’t much help.

Most likely they contracted a company in France. Could be one of many years ago. There are still a few their today. I know this isn’t much help.

Hi Rhino,

Yeeea, this is what I sort of figured. A "Contracted Company" more than likely. Regardless, it's a pretty cool lil' Knife! I suspect made late 50's early 60's maybe.
Thanks.

HARDBALL

Hi Rhino,

Yeeea, this is what I sort of figured. A "Contracted Company" more than likely. Regardless, it's a pretty cool lil' Knife! I suspect made late 50's early 60's maybe.
Thanks.

HARDBALL
Contracted cutlery have been going on for a couple of hundred years or longer. Still goes on today. Nothing wrong with it.

Back