Mike Perrin MIA

Does anyone know the status of Mike Perrin? I first contacted him on the 24th of October concerning a defective RAT3 I had purchased. As part of the emails we exchanged, he described quality control issues occurring at Ontario resulting in them scrapping all current stock at that time so he was unable to exchange knives with me. According to Mike, as a result of numerous problems, Ontario had corrected their production issues and were in the process of resuming production of the RAT line of knives.

As part of the email discussion he promised me a replacement RAT3 in D2 and that Ontario would be ready to ship them out starting on the 14th of December per the anticipated time-line. I have waited patiently since then and finally emailed him roughly a week ago as a follow-up to our original conversation in October to make sure we were still on the same page, and I have yet to hear anything from him.

At this point, I would certainly like to get in touch with him to make sure the details are correct and that nothing fell through the cracks. Does anyone know how I could get in touch if not via email or if he is still working with the company? If he is somehow uninvolved with RAT at this time, does anyone know who has taken on those responsibilities so that I will be able to receive the replacement knife as I was promised?

Thanks for any assistance you might be able to provide.

go to the RATcutlery website and talk to Mike and or Jeff with email concerns,I talked to both guys last week...if nothing pm me monday I think I have phone numbers,post this email on the rat forum under manufactures and you will get a response . ratcutlery.com let me know thx TTD

go to the RATcutlery website and talk to Mike and or Jeff with email concerns,I talked to both guys last week...if nothing pm me monday I think I have phone numbers,post this email on the rat forum under manufactures and you will get a response . ratcutlery.com let me know thx TTD

I really appreciate your help. I don't want to bug Mr. Perrin as I'm sure he's very busy right now and most likely that's why he hasn't responded yet. I just registered for the RAT forums but it looks like I can't post until a moderator approves my account. I'll wait until then, post my message, and if that still gets no response I'll try a phone call. In the meantime, I believe I'll forward my original email chain to that general RAT email address. Thanks so much for your help.

no problem...yea I am sure Mr.Perrin is busy but he is an excellent person as is all the guys from Rat cutlery and will handle this matter,you'll probably hear something Monday....later TTD

I just noticed on my email that we did get the email from you today and that Mike has just responded to you. If you didn't get his email, let me know here and we'll make sure to get in touch with you.

To answer your question though, I think Ontario is still having problems and are behind their target schedule to get RAT knives out.

Jeff

Yes, Mike got back in touch with me, and thus far he has always been an exemplary gentleman. I was just afraid that maybe he was no longer at RAT, away or otherwise completely swamped, or that his email was out of commission or changed (I never used the RAT-specific email address prior to today.) Thank you guys for going out of your way to get me in touch with Mike. I appreciate it very much.

Your in good hands with Mike and Jeff, they have never turned their backs on a problem.

Tom
Chestnut Ridge Knife Shop

Appreciate that Tom, we let things fall through the cracks every once in a while but not because we intended to. If anyone ever feels like we've slighted you somehow, please drop us an email or call.

Back