Mikita Knives Clap by LionSteel

I did a quick search, and found nothing on this new knife in here.

According to GPknives, MKM (Maniago Knives Makers) under the Mikita network (Maniago lnnovation Knives ltaly) is a collaborative network of some of the finest Italian cutlery companies and includes LionSteel, Fox Knives, Viper Tecnocut and Mercury.

notxkiR.jpg

The clap series is made by LionSteel, and designed by Bob Terzuola, blade steel is M390. I think it's a beautiful and elegant knife, especially with the bolster, the fuller adds a nice touch too. But I don't understand why would they thin out the knife tip.

All pictures are taken from Mikita Knives facebook page.

fg1yLMK.jpg

YpPXOWW.jpg

kl62vt8.jpg

I would like to get the Clap. However, I am wondering about the pricing.

Got one on the way, I'll let you know what it's like when it gets here. I have been waiting on this one for a while now.

I posted about these earlier, I really love the Clap design and the Terzuola fixed blade. The fixed blade would be a must-buy if it weren't in N690Co. I'm waffling on the Clap because the design, size, materials, and aesthetics are wonderful, but I ordinarily pass on liner locks. Still, as a gentleman's knife and not a tank knife, I may end up with one. I think the bolstered ones look best.

I'm very, very tempted by the slipjoint from MKM. Looks great, price is great, steel is great, but I usually don't mess with knives that don't have a pocket clip.

Just got mine today. Flips good, but needs some break in. I added some knive pivot lube and it feels a good bit better. Its not snappy, but its smooth. I can shake it a little and the blade will now fall shut. It has a capture blade stop pin, and the tolerances are very tight. The blade centering is spot on. There's a lot of little details I like with this knife.

Trying to add some pictures from my phone, but I don't see any options to allow me to do so.

I wish the hardness was up a little more than 58-60. That's pretty low for M390 in blade not exactly designed to be sword or axe tough.

I'll be getting a MKM LionSteel Clap MK LS01-C CF without bolsters soon.

clap_by_lionsteel_-_without_bolsters.jpg

Folding knife with satin-finished BÖHLER M390 MICROCLEAN steel blade, removable flipper opening and nail groove for two-hand opening, ball-bearing rotation mechanism. Stainless steel liner lock, blue anodized titanium spacer and solid clip, stainless steel screws with blue anodized titanium ferrule on the pivot.

TECHNICAL FEATURES
Blade length: 76 mm – 2.99 in
Blade thickness: 3.5 mm – 0.14 in
Total length: 184 mm – 7.24 in
Total weight: MK LS01-C: 107 g – 3.77 oz
Handle: MK LS01-C: 3D-machined carbon fiber scales
Blade steel: BÖHLER M390 MICROCLEAN, HRC 58-60
Packaging: synthetic sheath with zip fastener and belt loop

Last edited:
Back