Mildura

5-by-5

Gold Member
In line with mashup wish threads I think we need an ambidextrous Military. Because the comp-lock is not an improvement. It's just shrinking the liner lock and moving it to the other side of the frame. Counterintuitive to the real world functionality of the Military.
An ambidextrous back lock would actually compliment the multi position clip everyone wants.
In the spirit of the Endura Delica mashup I propose a Military Endura mashup. The grip ergos is the real standout feature. So a Military grip on a back lock Endura seems just right.

xRshTg3.jpeg

For the love of God can we stop calling the Paramilitary XL the Military 2!

Last edited:
In line with mashup wish threads I think we need an ambidextrous Military. Because the comp-lock is not an improvement. It's just shrinking the liner lock and moving it to the other side of the frame. Counterintuitive to the real world functionality of the Military.
An ambidextrous back lock would actually compliment the multi position clip everyone wants.
In the spirit of the Endura Delica mashup I propose a Military Endura mashup. The grip ergos is the real standout feature. So a Military grip on a back lock Endura seems just right.

xRshTg3.jpeg

For the love of God can we stop calling the Paramilitary XL the Military 2!
I think saying the comp lock is simply shrinking a liner lock and moving it to the other side of the frame is a bit of an oversimplification. The addition of a stop pin greatly increases the strength of the lock over a liner lock too. However, I wouldn't mind a Military offered in a backlock version.

What's the weight of the Millie with the back lock?

Edit: I'm dumb, that's an Endura blade and not a Military huh? Handle scales are a good repro!

Could this be done with a police 4 g10?
I had to do a GOOGLE Images search for a disassembled Police 4 to attempt to answer your question.

Number one main issue is that the Police 4 is a full stainless liner design and not a nested liner design. This would totally inhibit the scale's profile modification to the Military'esque appearance as with a full liner knife the liners would dictate the profile design.

Without having one on hand to scan and workup in CAD... I can only guess that what possibly might be an approach would be to convert the Police 4 into having nested liners which would free up the requirement for a faithful scale outer profile. There would still be a need to retain the spine line created by the stainless back lock bar in the design and replacing the stainless back spacer with G10 or carbon fiber.

Just thought of something else... to nest the liners so we could massage the scale profile... the scale thickness would need to increase to a degree that would maintain the use of the stock assembly hardware.

It might just be possible but having a CAD model to play with would be the only way to accurately answer your inquiry...

Steve

OK... I was intrigued enough to whip out a CAD render based upon a photo snagged off the internet. Photos always will have a parallax issue so this is not entirely accurate...

To convert the Police 4 full stainless liners for a nested liner approach the liners would require some fairly extensive profile modifications. In the attached render the upper line drawing represents the stock Police 4 liner profile. The green lines would be the required NEW profile to convert to a nested liner. As you can see... quite a bit of grinding would be necessary. The middle and lower drawings illustrate the Military profile mapped onto the modified stainless liner. It looks doable however I'm not certain anyone would want to perform this mod to a $125 knife. I could be mistaken though.

Police4 MOD.jpg

BOOMER52 BOOMER52 .. If you make them, ppl will mod! Lol..

Would it be a doable thing, to leave the spine liners show? While only modding the liners for, nested profile, in the grip?

BOOMER52 BOOMER52 .. If you make them, ppl will mod! Lol..

Would it be a doable thing, to leave the spine liners show? While only modding the liners for, nested profile, in the grip?
That could be an approach... as the Police 4 spine profile almost exactly mimics the spine of the Military'esque MOD profile. I don't know why I didn't think of that. A slight tweak in the modified profile could easily accommodate this approach. I suppose then the stainless back spacer could still be employed.

I've whipped up some renders to illustrate Troy's (winnerone23) suggestion. Taking it a bit further I massaged the Military'esque profile to eliminate any profile modifications required to the Police 4 stainless liners... making this a simple scale swap. Makes for a slight increase in depth to the belly which could affect the ergo's. It would take getting one in hand to suss all of this out. Could still be some warts I'm not seeing...

Police 4 TWO.jpg
NEW Police 4 MOD Side.jpgNEW Police 4 MOD.jpg

Last edited:
Back