Military Clasp Knives

So here is my "Army & Navy Dept Store" infantry clasp I was talking about in the above post. Can't get much nicer than this. Humphreys Radiant is the manufacturer.

N4HX53U.jpg

dhANSXw.jpg

gM2f9LZ.jpg

That's a very nice example Steve :) My uncle was also in the Royal Navy at the end of the 40's and throughout the 50's. He was mainly on HMS Bulwark (in the 50's) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack and sorry it took this long for me to respond. I had forgotten about this thread :thumbsup:
I'll try and find out what ship my uncle served on. I know he was mostly in the Mediterranean.

So here is my "Army & Navy Dept Store" infantry clasp I was talking about in the above post. Can't get much nicer than this. Humphreys Radiant is the manufacturer.

N4HX53U.jpg

dhANSXw.jpg

gM2f9LZ.jpg

A very nice example :) :thumbsup:

Fantastic pics of your WW2 British Navy Knife Dwight :) That was one of the first knives I was given as a child, also by Rodgers :) Sadly, the only knife I have ever lost too :( Nearly 50 years ago, and I still feel bad :(

Thanks Jack and sorry it took this long for me to respond. I had forgotten about this thread :thumbsup:
I'll try and find out what ship my uncle served on. I know he was mostly in the Mediterranean.

Me too Steve! :D :cool: :thumbsup:

Fantastic pics of your WW2 British Navy Knife Dwight :) That was one of the first knives I was given as a child, also by Rodgers :) Sadly, the only knife I have ever lost too :( Nearly 50 years ago, and I still feel bad
Thanks Jack. It is the first one I've ever held and I was very pleased and greatly impressed with the sheer size and weight of it. A wonderful super interesting pattern and history to go with it. Man I hate you lost your childhood one.
Thanks again and thank you for the thread! :)

Thanks Jack. It is the first one I've ever held and I was very pleased and greatly impressed with the sheer size and weight of it. A wonderful super interesting pattern and history to go with it. Man I hate you lost your childhood one.
Thanks again and thank you for the thread! :)

They are certainly a beast Dwight :) Thank you my friend :thumbsup:

I think this one is post-war. Post-grubby-composition handles, anyway.
6YIu4YC.jpg

Not even Jack Black Jack Black will be able to make much of this tang stamp, I'll bet.
W3koTdG.jpg

If that says 1943, I guess it isn't post-war.
isjOoMI.jpg

All the blades open without injury or screwdriver, but I have to open the can opener to pinch the sheepfoot.
This replaces my Slater as the one in best condition.

Last edited:
I think this one is post-war. Post-grubby-composition handles, anyway.
6YIu4YC.jpg

Not even Jack Black Jack Black will be able to make much of this tang stamp, I'll bet.
W3koTdG.jpg

If that says 1943, I guess it isn't post-war.
isjOoMI.jpg

All the blades open without injury or screwdriver, but I have to open the can opener to pinch the sheepfoot.
This replaces my Slater as the one in best condition.

That one is from 1943 Jer :thumbsup: Some manufacturers used a different tang stamp for war-work. No promises, but would it be possible for you to take a crisper pic of the tang stamp please (it just goes blurry when enlarged) ? :thumbsup:

I'll give it a try, but I think it's hopelessly eroded.
Hard to believe a picture of mine would be blurry.
VZRRZFW.jpg

It definitely says "& S.B"/"effield"
ZUqPQMN.jpg

It looks more like the stamp was crooked so it didn't all print.

Last edited:
That's lovely.
I recently picked up one of these navy ones (with a steel bail) but it also has a can opener on it (like you'd get on an army jack knife).
Dave
Thank you Dave.

Back