Military Filipino Machete

What kind of machete are the filipino military issuing currently and is there anyone selling it?
I saw a special on discovery about it and was interested in it.

Could this be what you're looking for:

2813405317_87903881b8_o.jpg

2814256518_a14c21d142_o.jpg

2814257468_7f1df3c0a9_o.jpg

We make these for the Force Recon unit of the Philippine Marines.

We can ship these to anywhere, but the buyer takes full responsibility for getting the items through customs.

Here are some specs:

Hand forged, differentially hardened Parkerized 1085 high carbon steel 17" blade (we also offer 21" blades).

Kamagong handle (comes in two sizes, regular and large)

Handmade kydex sheath

Interested buyers can email me at typhoon.blades[at]gmail.com (just replace the [at] with the usual symbol :))

We don't have a shop in Manila. But if you email us we can arrange for sale to buyers in the Philippines. Retail price is USD 170. Just convert to Php

Last edited:
I thought you're based in the Philippines because your location says Manila. Where are the machetes made?

We're located in Manila but we don't have an retail outlet. Our manufacturing facility is in Metro Manila. No, these are not made in China or Hanoi :)

how thick is the spine? any way to get a pic down the spine to see the taper?
thanks much!
Ted

This is the sickest looking machete... Too bad the Canadian dollar dropped so much. I'd get one for Christmas. :D

I did the review for the Force Recon Ginunting. It truthfully is by far my favorite ginunting. You will not be disapointed! :cool:

I've had my Force Recon Gununting from Juramentado for about a week. I like it alot it's light and fast. The spine is about 3/8" thick. Just like the pictures quality materials and quality workmanship.

Ray Smith

Back