Military Issued Knives and Bayonets Thread

vHVjxiS.jpg

What about more modern military knives? :cool:

Edit.."I didn't read the "Issued" part and I don't know if these were ever issued. My bad.

Last edited:
Is it a knife that is issued?:rolleyes:If not it looks like it could be. Since you took the time to walk out in the snow and fell that tree for a well thought out picture, (with that knife i assume?) i’m ok with it!

I know the guy in the gallery under tactical knives has a lot of military issued knives, a lot of Russian ones too since I think he is Russian. I had asked about Corvos, and sure enough, he had some pics of them. His name escapes me. :D

I know the guy in the gallery under tactical knives has a lot of military issued knives, a lot of Russian ones too since I think he is Russian. I had asked about Corvos, and sure enough, he had some pics of them. His name escapes me. :D
That guy has everything. He's probably forgot about more of his knives than I'll own in a lifetime. A museum worthy collection.

vHVjxiS.jpg

What about more modern military knives? :cool:

Edit.."I didn't read the "Issued" part and I don't know if these were ever issued. My bad.

Most North American issue knives will now have a CAGE or NSN (Commercial And Government Entity & NATO Stocking Number) so you can check for that and see if it fits the thread.

For a long time everyone got a bayonet but getting a knife was a lot tougher. Bayonets are a bit less common now and the knives are being replaced by multi-tools.

Here's the only issue knife I have. Canadian Army circa 80s, used to pair with a crimper.

Most North American issue knives will now have a CAGE or NSN (Commercial And Government Entity & NATO Stocking Number) so you can check for that and see if it fits the thread.

For a long time everyone got a bayonet but getting a knife was a lot tougher. Bayonets are a bit less common now and the knives are being replaced by multi-tools.

Here's the only issue knife I have. Canadian Army circa 80s, used to pair with a crimper.

Mines from the 80's and it was supposed to replace the Gerber MKII. This is where I get a little confused to be honest. My understanding in the US Military there's a store where you can chose from an approved list what you like and buy it. Does that mean it's issued?

Mines from the 80's and it was supposed to replace the Gerber MKII. This is where I get a little confused to be honest. My understanding in the US Military there's a store where you can chose from an approved list what you like and buy it. Does that mean it's issued?
That's the PX. Issued usually means you walk down to stores and sign your life away.

Folks in the Army like stuff to be uniform. So having all the troops buying their own different knives at the base store and taping them to their gear is usually semi frowned upon.

For the stuff at the PX I can't say if that's OK. I know the US Army does some stuff differently but we've got members here who're active duty and can answer that better than I can.

enfield SMLE? WW1 or WW2 issue?
1942 Ishapore GRI. All matching SN, round cocking knob, original bolt head. Replacement rear stock. Original short buttsttock with GRI markings. First firearm I ever owned, 1989 gift from my brother and was primary bear protection for a year in Alaska.

Zieg

Last edited:
Next pic will be my Mossberg 590 with an M7 mounted, but I'm not finding M7s at a reasonable price. Anyone else remember when they were around for $20? Now I can only find them for upwards of $75. Guess I need to hit some pawn shops next year.

Zieg

That's the PX. Issued usually means you walk down to stores and sign your life away.

Folks in the Army like stuff to be uniform. So having all the troops buying their own different knives at the base store and taping them to their gear is usually semi frowned upon.

For the stuff at the PX I can't say if that's OK. I know the US Army does some stuff differently but we've got members here who're active duty and can answer that better than I can.

There's been a lot of unit buys since GWOT started so now there are a number of knives that have NSNs and many companies GSA approved. Issued in 2005 is different than issued in 1995, heck the plate carrier I wore for years was a unit buy and issued to me.

Back