military issued knives

Cattaraugus 225Q; WWII, 6" blade and 1095 steel; first with stock handle, then with custom micarta. Below that, Randall Made Knives #16 SP1

neff9c.jpg

2z3uuio.jpg

Not issued, but certainly carried:

2d6slc9.jpg

So far as I can tell from pictures on line, the Bundeswehr Messer does not come with the tweezers or toothpick.

Not issued, but certainly carried:

2d6slc9.jpg
[/QUOTE]

LOL ofc not, you don't honestly think Uncle Sam is going to spend Randall size money on the common soldier (at least not w/out something he wants REALLY bad in return) do you? :p

of course not, my fellow Greek... it's a beauty, nonetheless...

They probably would have gotten more recruits if they said every soldier gets a Randall, lol.

Std issue is the bare minimum. Soldiers can and do spend money for better equipment. Special units can do purchases for quality knives by calling them parachute extraction safety tool, or CQB Entry Safety tool. Add life safety to any description and no one wants to not sign off on it. Get a few extras for people in high positions and everything goes smoothly.

Man, I like that 225Q. I think I could have gone with the modified handle if it included a lanyard hole. Some nice pictures gents. DM

Wow, I have just gone through the whole thread and have not seen the basic pattern 61 Soldier knife or did I just miss it?

Here is a PAL 36 from 1942 with original sheath. It has a grind of that era, with convex saber grind. DM

Here's you another one. This Pilot's Survival Bowie was carried by a CBI pilot while flying 'the hump' from 1942-45. DM

Picked this up at a gun show. I have been looking for one and there it was. I have wanted to add this to my small collection. It's in pretty good shape. It even still had some of the old cosmoline on it. Whoever had owned it either didn't use it or didn't clean it up. Says Camillus 1981 on the knife blade.
IMG_0185_zpsymnqvmhw.jpg

IMG_0186_zpsej8xscg6.jpg

Picked this up at a gun show. I have been looking for one and there it was. I have wanted to add this to my small collection. It's in pretty good shape. It even still had some of the old cosmoline on it. Whoever had owned it either didn't use it or didn't clean it up. Says Camillus 1981 on the knife blade.
IMG_0185_zpsymnqvmhw.jpg

IMG_0186_zpsej8xscg6.jpg

Hey, I've got one of those. I think it is in my tool bag. Prices for them have gotten ridiculous around where I live.

Women & men of the armed forces... thanks for sharing your views about the cultery you pack. As a civillian, I appreciate being given a glimpse into your world. Cheers, eh. 🇨🇦

Here is a Ka-Bar USN Mark 2. It was carried by my Father from 1948-52 in the Army, during the time of returning civil order to Germany. DM

Over the last 21 years I have been issued:

A Cold Steel SRK
Navy Mk1 Mod 0
Gerber Multi tool (many different models)
Gerber mini Gator
Benchmade Nimvarus
Benchmade Autos (different flavors)
Emerson CQC-7
SOG Seal Pup
Some Titanium dive knife (can't remember the brand - it sucked)
Sog Multi Tool
Benchmade J-hook/Rescue knife
Camillius Electricians Folding Knife
Gerber FS Folding Knife

I'm sure I am forgetting a few.

This particular one is not mine, grabbed from google, however I do have one identical to it.

The knife photographed is a WW2 issued Navy Mark2 F/U Knife made by KA-BAR.

All the old WW2 issued ones look pretty much the same in better or worse condition. I really like the sheath this one comes in compared to the standard leather sheath you see on KA-BARs. That sheath is also WW2 Government Issue and is some type of hard plastic with nylon webbing for the belt loop.

Back