Military officers

Wife got me a USCG sword, black and brass.
The blade is engraved stainless and mint.
The other brass parts need attention but Im afraid to polish them,
Should I sit and polish- Neverdull. Or leave it?
What do you think it's worth........

Yo guy who has been a member since 2015,

Rules are gold membership or no price estimate.

I'm not sure what "neverdull" is I assume a polish. Generally polishing an antique if you don't know what you're doing, will kill the value.

Yo guy who has been a member since 2015,

Rules are gold membership or no price estimate.

I'm not sure what "neverdull" is I assume a polish. Generally polishing an antique if you don't know what you're doing, will kill the value.
Just asking friendly chat, dont need your rules, if you dont know what Neverdull is you were never in the military and therefore a hobby dick

Just asking friendly chat, dont need your rules, if you dont know what Neverdull is you were never in the military and therefore a hobby dick

Lol I don't live in the USA and my military doesn't use never dull.

You do need the rules I am trying to help you so you don't get an infraction. If you do not care about the boards rules then don't come here asking questions.

Of course if you were serious about your stuff you would know that, guess you must just be a hobby dick.

Thanks for liking my post though. ;)

NEVR-DULL will be fine Tony. Any low abrasive polish you have on hand will be fine.

For the interested, the product is cotton waste impregnated with petroleum distillate (white spirits) clay and silica.

Cheers
GC
download.jpeg

Post a pic! :]

Post a pic! :]
Unless it is back in the revenue cutter years, it will look just like a USN sword but with different etching and guard bearing USCG vs USN. The revenue cutter swords the skinny straight jobs and may require special care.

Chheers

GC

I wouldn't imagine a stainless blade to be more than a few decades old. Offhand, I wouldn't pay more than a couple hundred for one.

Back