1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Military tip up mods

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by rod tak, Jun 13, 2017.

1. fanucman

fanucman

Jan 31, 2016
    bigolegator likes this.
  2. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    My bad. I was thinking of a Camillus and/or a Kershaw with a tapped liner. If you multiply the thickness of the liner in decimal inches by the number of threads per inch of the pocket clip screw (usually 52TPI), you get the number of threads holding the clip. A custom nut with 3 holes in it could work, but the number of threads holding the screws/clip still need to be considered. The other problem with tapped liners is that the clip screws can bump into the blade in the neighborhood of its pivot swing if they are too long.

3. Cursum Perficio

Cursum Perficio Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Tip up Military works great for me.
    Partly 'cos I'm so used to tip up carry but also 'cos I don't really like the clip under the forefinger end of my hand when using the knife.

Sketchen scales with 2 nuts recessed into the G10 and a standoff instead of the lanyard tube.

[​IMG]