Military'esquing the Endela & Delica Profiles...

I finally got around to plopping Military'esque profiles onto the Endela and Delica frames as I previously did with my Delica/Lil'Para MOD.

There are a few compromises that were necessary to accommodate certain unalterable areas in both the Endela and the Delica knives. The resulting profiles are more an homage than fidelity.

My initial efforts to retain the profile as close to the Military's as possible resulted in exposed blade notches on both knives . I do not believe this would be acceptable so I massaged and enlarged the choil bulges to encompass and bury the notches.

Neither have been machined at this point... however when I do I'll update the thread with pics.

5lR30jr.jpg

BwUzrYU.jpg

Endela with Native/Shaman shaped scales, anyone!?

The Endela is a PM2 sized. So it would be like having a PM2 with a backlock.
Which, if it gives the Endela, a choil and g10, I'm in!!

With the Native platform being so big, right now..
Giving a Shaman sized knife/scale, with a thinner blade, different steels(k390 and Not hideous blue scales) grippy g10, custom designs and Grip..

I'll take 2x sets!!!!

Spent the morning running the Endela/Military and the Delica/Militia profiles through CAD for the 3D modeling... then CAM for the needed machining operations. I now have files that require proof machining to determine the precision and accuracy of my models. That will happen shortly...

ENDELA/MILITARY
VTvLMcI.png

DELICA/MILITIA
Lpqev23.png

I'm certain the grip region available on the Endela/Military version will not be an issue for differing hand size... it might be with the smaller Delica/Militia. Until machined and I can actually get it in hand... I can only guess.

With a bit of PhotoShop prestidigitation here's what the Delica/Militia and the Endela /Military will look like...

6UiEPj2.jpg

qrIGo9v.jpg

Last edited:
OK... the first set of PROMOD (profile modified) Endela/Military scales were the result of a request from a Forum member father to gift to his active duty military son. The scales machined flawlessly and no adjustment tweaks were required. The code is now locked down. These are NOT full contour as a peel ply texture was desired.

These are configured for tip up carry...

KiQeeC4.jpg

I90vraR.jpg

qxVxkxL.jpg

P4hGHUj.jpg

s4Vcs0A.jpg

GcifVOa.jpg

hQu2vSC.jpg

Last edited:
So today I was able to machine the FIRST set of 3D full contour PROMOD Endela/Military scales. Black G10 with blue G10 liners... diamond checker texture. The machining went flawlessly and I'm now awaiting for the Endela I ordered to hit my cluster box to be able to assemble and take some photos...

The CAD render said they would look like this...
9Tg3OGy.png

Here's a quick shot of them fresh off the machine...
5bRQcBp.jpg

I'm not certain how to respond to the 'wonky' statement. Could you be a bit more specific...? Difficult to parse out and discuss such a generalized comment.

I apologize for that, it’s in poor form for me to post in this manner.

Your work is excellent, and your attention to detail is very high.

In this picture :2C389CF6-E966-447F-9786-402FAB0363E1.jpeg

The area circled seems asymmetrical to my eye, and I personally don’t quite understand the design. Of course, that’s purely subjective on my part, and only my opinion.

Again, I apologize for the earlier post, and for not explaining my thoughts better.

Back