Mini Battle Saw .............Attn; Garth...Jerry :)

I would like to know if anyone actually use the saw back on the BS?

Absolutely
6VQ2V0E.jpg

zgFYJ03.jpg

H7WQNuM.jpg

ZXdhgUi.jpg

I bought a German Army pocket knife from a kiosk in Heidelberg about 30 years ago that looked like one they used to sell on Sportsman's Guide. The saw was actually useful, but the teeth were a lot different from Busse saw teeth, and cut a lot better. Probably being a lot thinner makes a big difference.

Yep, but I am not sure if the cross cut saw type is a possibility at Busse
Actually the ones on the Battle saw actually work really well.
Further I think if they were on a thinner blade they would even work better.

I believe that a thin blade is the right way to go; think of those nasty sharp teeth on a pruning saw.;)

exactly

Great post Dave!;):thumbsup: Someone at Scrap Yard was wondering how you came up with the coronavirus pattern on your sheath. It DOES look awesome!:D:thumbsup:

Hmmm, take the TGULB but lose the fuller and add the saw teeth. The .2 thickness will make it feel like it is still a Busse and give it the strength but thin enough to saw well. The TG handle would be straight enough to use both the sharp side as well as the saw side. The guard that makes the TG so recognizable would keep your fingers safe if you slip while sawing. This would look so wicked cool I would order multiples though please, please, please no cbt!!!

Great post Dave!;):thumbsup: Someone at Scrap Yard was wondering how you came up with the coronavirus pattern on your sheath. It DOES look awesome!:D:thumbsup:

Tell them to e-mail me :)
short answer I drew them then had them laser engraved.

I like it! I think I'd rather have the teeth reversed so it cuts on the pull stroke though. If it were to catch or bind up I'd hate to have my hand slip forward toward the razor sharp spine of a push cut saw. Ideally it would be cross cut and cut on both strokes like the saw on a SAK. Those little saws are really handy.

I like it! I think I'd rather have the teeth reversed so it cuts on the pull stroke though. If it were to catch or bind up I'd hate to have my hand slip forward toward the razor sharp spine of a push cut saw. Ideally it would be cross cut and cut on both strokes like the saw on a SAK. Those little saws are really handy.

If that is in Busse's wheelhouse that would be ideal :)

If that is in Busse's wheelhouse that would be ideal :)
A full flat grind on the knife would be beneficial too. The saw on my leatherman is ground that way. It makes the actual cutting edge of the saw the widest point, so the sides of the blade arent dragging on the sides of the kerf.

Come on C-saw (compact saw)

Comme ci, comme ça

Boogaloo Bumparoo

If a Burp spike could be added and modified into a can opener we could have a HAK. (Hog Army Knife) Lol!

Playing with a few of my knives I think the flat ground BG Boss Jack would be a great candidate for this too. Maybe even better. Just saying.

If a Burp spike could be added and modified into a can opener we could have a HAK. (Hog Army Knife) Lol!

maybe but lets not over complicate things :)
My thinking a design they already have and just add saw teeth to may make it happen in record time and we will not have to death chat for years

Playing with a few of my knives I think the flat ground BG Boss Jack would be a great candidate for this too. Maybe even better. Just saying.

Great Idea but I am hoping for a wider blade.

Maybe it can be an option on all of them that it will work on ? like flying serrations ?

Back