Mini Battle Saw .............Attn; Garth...Jerry :)

You might have better luck with this if your premise was different... there is no 'mini Mistress' of any sort... but rather different knife models. You might try.... 'Natural OutlawSAW' or SAW Heart-1 or SAW Hammer, Saw Jack.... all more likely to come to see the light of day than 'Mini Battle Saw'. Just one man's opinion of course, I'm sure some will disagree as always so YMMV.

Hmm, I guess I can see your confusion.
Not trying to start and argument or anything just explaining my reasoning.

It is more of a Compact Saw, thus the C-Saw name.
Ultimately it is up to Busse to name it whatever he would like.

6 months ago when I started this thread I was playing off of Sixplymaple's thread of a "Mini Battle Saw" as he called it, and tried to come up with a existing Busse knife shape that would lend itself to a small saw-back knife. With what I would say would be some improvements and would work well for the application.

I did put some thought into it.

about a 6" blade
3/16" or less thickness
full high flat grind
INFI or Elmax.

I thought the Hog Badger would be great as;

It was a blade shape they already had programed
It already has a pretty straight spine that could have the saw teeth programed in.
A popular knife (I have made a bunch of sheaths for them)
the size would work great to piggy back on a Battle Mistress or Battle Saw

The NO I think would too large as would the SH size
The Jack Hammer already has a variant
The Satin Jack would be too thin
Any smaller and I do not think you could accomplish the fine notching feat I thought this would be great for.

Are you going to "saw" any better than a regular saw ? Of course not. Neither will the Battle Saw or the Saw Man Du
I just thought it would be a nice companion piece to the Battle Saw, and something that is useful as well. But that is just this man's opinion ;) YMMV

So I will keep trying to get it made by bumping and quietly reminding like ;
The Basic 8
Basic 13
and the Jack Hammer 10

As far as "there is no 'mini Mistress' of any sort" well, Many may not know this or for those of us that have been around a while.
The HACK Bear Cub Started as a Mini Battle Mistress made for Jerry's daughter Katie's hand size about 12 years ago. I remember when he showed me the Proto at Blade show many many years ago. So yep there has been a Mini Battle Mistress ;)

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/the-hack-series-the-whole-story.580068/#post-5936216

Oh and there is even a one off I bought at a Blade Show years ago with the spine scoops to look like a Mini Mistress (see pic below)

Inspired by Sixplymaple's suggestion of a mini Battle Saw

How about a Hog Badger w/saw teeth on the back ?

Or a Jack Saw ?

about 6" blade
3/16" thick
INFI

a small Thin sawback would be really cool.

Come on photoshop wizards lets see them.

what do you all think ?

or a Compact Saw.............................a C-Saw if you will ;)

LOL

10Tfa5g.jpg

48s6OAv.jpg

myhYeKG.jpg

X9EhbrU.jpg

How about the Beaver Badger? Just like a Hog Badger, but with teeth meant for chewing through wood.

Hmm, I guess I can see your confusion.
Not trying to start and argument or anything just explaining my reasoning.

It is more of a Compact Saw, thus the C-Saw name.
Ultimately it is up to Busse to name it whatever he would like.

6 months ago when I started this thread I was playing off of Sixplymaple's thread of a "Mini Battle Saw" as he called it, and tried to come up with a existing Busse knife shape that would lend itself to a small saw-back knife. With what I would say would be some improvements and would work well for the application.

I did put some thought into it.

about a 6" blade
3/16" or less thickness
full high flat grind
INFI or Elmax.

I thought the Hog Badger would be great as;

It was a blade shape they already had programed
It already has a pretty straight spine that could have the saw teeth programed in.
A popular knife (I have made a bunch of sheaths for them)
the size would work great to piggy back on a Battle Mistress or Battle Saw

The NO I think would too large as would the SH size
The Jack Hammer already has a variant
The Satin Jack would be too thin
Any smaller and I do not think you could accomplish the fine notching feat I thought this would be great for.

Are you going to "saw" any better than a regular saw ? Of course not. Neither will the Battle Saw or the Saw Man Du
I just thought it would be a nice companion piece to the Battle Saw, and something that is useful as well. But that is just this man's opinion ;) YMMV

So I will keep trying to get it made by bumping and quietly reminding like ;
The Basic 8
Basic 13
and the Jack Hammer 10

As far as "there is no 'mini Mistress' of any sort" well, Many may not know this or for those of us that have been around a while.
The HACK Bear Cub Started as a Mini Battle Mistress made for Jerry's daughter Katie's hand size about 12 years ago. I remember when he showed me the Proto at Blade show many many years ago. So yep there has been a Mini Battle Mistress ;)

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/the-hack-series-the-whole-story.580068/#post-5936216

Oh and there is even a one off I bought at a Blade Show years ago with the spine scoops to look like a Mini Mistress (see pic below)

10Tfa5g.jpg

48s6OAv.jpg

myhYeKG.jpg

X9EhbrU.jpg
That’s an awesome variant.and collection. If the the mini battle saw gets made Maybe you can use your busse summoning skills to request a reissue of the hack bear cub

That’s an awesome variant.and collection. If the the mini battle saw gets made Maybe you can use your busse summoning skills to request a reissue of the hack bear cub

Thank you on the complement.

Bite your tongue on the re-issue, Hope it never happens :) I like having the market cornered on HACK Bear cubs :)

How about the Beaver Badger? Just like a Hog Badger, but with teeth meant for chewing through wood.

HMM I kind of like Compact Saw or C-Saw , but again its Jerry's Company/Knife so he will name it.

... and the sheath would be called the Buy Brown Beaver Badger :thumbsup:

Hmm, Thats a lot of B's

Bite your tongue on the re-issue, Hope it never happens :) I like having the market cornered on HACK Bear cubs :)

HMM I kind of like Compact Saw or C-Saw , but again its Jerry's Company/Knife so he will name it.

Hmm, Thats a lot of B's
That makes sense. Hopefully I find an endangered tiger hide hack soon! Lol. You have them all in your bear cub sanctuary.

Hmm, Thats a lot of B's
You are the
3504E358-E962-4FE4-BDCF-ABD726A3896F.jpeg

I C Garth lurking around

I wonder if he has SAW this thread yet ?

bump-a-roo

C-Saw

close one :)

c-saw

They've just finished the first tooth and now they're working on the second.

2021 may be when it happens ? :)

Back