Mini Buster Feedback

Just received the Mini Buster, and it is quite a stunning knife. Both the design and machining are impeccable, and I can see this becoming one of my favorites to use and carry.

With that said, I have a few comments, and was wondering if others have experienced the same thing, or if there is anything that can be done to address them.

1) Detent - While not the terrible, I find the detent to be on the light side. Compared to the Sharp by Design Typhoon Evo (which has a very snappy, but not overly heavy detent), this is fairly light.

2) Hardware - As with all new knives, I disassembled mine to examine and admire the construction, clean and lubricate. The T8 hardware is nice, but the depth of the torx feature is shallow and does not allow for very good engagement with torx bits (I am using Wiha bits/drivers). Which leads me to my last point...

3) Pivot - The amount of force required to disassemble and reassemble the pivot and align the blade is absurd. Coupled with #2 above, it makes taking the knife apart a frustrating and somewhat challenging endeavor.

Perhaps these are all as the designer, Snecx, had intended them to be, I don't know. If not for these quibbles, this knife would easily be a 10/10 for me. Anyone else have a similar experience?

I also prefer a stronger detent generally. This is the first review I've seen that references a lighter detent.
Align the blade? I've never had a centering issue on a knife with bearings. Or is that not what you mean?
I don't have one but I'm considering it. The design is really nice.

I've sold about ten of them and only had positive feedback - and some of these guys will return a knife for THE most insignificant nitpicking issue. Sometimes they drive me insane....I would have heard if any of them were not 1000% happy.

On all the Mini busters I've flipped the detents were perfect. I haven't taken one apart yet though.....

Also you're comparing a Reate (Typhoon) to a We Knife (Mini Buster) - they might be close but Reate still has an edge over WE on action and fit and finish - IMO.

Maybe you just got one with a slightly softer detent. On the actual construction you'd need David from WE or the SNECX dude to comment.

Appreciate the feedback/comment. I am not dis-satisfied with the knife,and will definitely not be returning it. In fact, it is one of the most impressive in my small collection. These are just a couple of gripes that I feel detract from an otherwise (IMO) perfect knife.

I think I may be overly sensitive to soft detents, which stems from a ZT 0560 I had years ago that had a pathetically weak detent.

1) Detent - While not the terrible, I find the detent to be on the light side. Compared to the Sharp by Design Typhoon Evo (which has a very snappy, but not overly heavy detent), this is fairly light.

Also you're comparing a Reate (Typhoon) to a We Knife (Mini Buster) - they might be close but Reate still has an edge over WE on action and fit and finish - IMO.

SBD runs his own unique detent nub, it's not a pressed ceramic ball like mostly everything. really can't compare it to anything i'm aware of.

I got the Mini Buster yesterday and it is on its way to the sender again. The detent was so weak that the blade fals out of the handle with the lightest shake... I will get a new one but I have to wait 5 weeks on it. The knife itself looks awesome. So hopefully the next one is no lemon

Last edited:
I was really eager for the Mini Buster. Fit and finish was very good as usual with WE Knife, but I also got a knife with a light detent. You have to really apply some force to flip it open.

I was really eager for the Mini Buster. Fit and finish was very good as usual with WE Knife, but I also got a knife with a light detent. You have to really apply some force to flip it open.

Apply a lot of presssure? That sounds like a strong detent. I had one and the detent was medium/strong. Very nice knife but ultimately I prefer thinner blade stock and it's hard to beat my WE Wisp. That said, the Mini Buster is ground thin. Didn't come very sharp though.

You would have a tight detent in that case. However, from the literally thousands of WE KNIVES I've examined (about every 3rd customer wants us to examine the knife before shipping it) and demonstrated at shows, not a single one ever had a tight detent. I expect you are pressing the lock bar with your fingers when you are trying to open it.......

I didn't explain well. What I meant is that if I don't apply enough force on the flipper, the knife will only partially open every time. Would that be qualified as a strong detent ? I thought it would be the opposite (I'm not a native english speaker). Anyway, that's the only caveat I have with this knife, the rest is superb.

I didn't explain well. What I meant is that if I don't apply enough force on the flipper, the knife will only partially open every time. Would that be qualified as a strong detent ? I thought it would be the opposite (I'm not a native english speaker). Anyway, that's the only caveat I have with this knife, the rest is superb.

Okay . Have you tried taking it apart and putting some good lube on the pivot and bearings like KPL or Nano Oil?

Sorry for the late reply, True Talon. I honestly don't think it is a lube problem as the knife is brand new and runs on bearings. I just noticed the same weak detent problem as Inspiribomb and Ruudr and think that it may be a factory problem. Still, it's far from a deal breaker for me as I love the Mini buster.

I got a new Mini Buster but it still had a weak detent. Not as weak as the first one I received.
I took the knife apart and I bent the lock part of the frame inside (really carefully) so the pressure on the blade is greater.
Works like a charm now. Detent pressure is perfect.
I don´t recommend it and it may void the warranty.

Last edited:
I got a new Mini Buster but it still had a weak detent. Not as weak as the first one I received.
I took the knife apart and I bent the lock part of the frame inside (really carefully) so the pressure on the blade is greater.
Works like a charm now. Detent pressure is perfect.
I don´t recommend it and it may void the warranty.
Thank you so much Friend~~ Enjoy it~~
Please feel free to contact us if you need any support from WE team.
Wish you a nice day!

Back