Mini CQC 7 Scales

New here and I searched for a similar topic but didn't find anything newer than a year ago and a lot has changed this last year lol. Looking for linen micarta scales or something coyote tan. Does anyone here do that?

Check out Kahless Custom Metalworks on Instagram (@kahless756). He does excellent work on custom scales as well as other Emerson knife accessories. He is always my number one recommendation

I do machine for both the back spacer and the standoff Mini CQC-7... however my books are presently closed.
Meaning no new orders? Not in a huge hurry, can I get on a list? What's the usual charge for a pair of micarta scales?

Meaning no new orders? Not in a huge hurry, can I get on a list? What's the usual charge for a pair of micarta scales?

Correct... no new requests.

With regards to Micarta scales... I do not machine plain Micarta scale sets as Micarta by itself is subject to warping. The phenolic or melamine resins used in the manufacture of Micarta are classed as thermo set resins. Machining employs shearing forces where the mill bit generates localized heat due to friction. When the machining operation is initially begun the mill bit is cool. As the operation continues the rotational friction begins to heat the end mill and once the thermal threshold of the resin is reached directly under the mill bit… the resin softens and expands. The remainder of the scale is unaffected. This differential of heat expansion induces warpage. It is especially prevalent with thinner scales or scales having nested liner pockets. I have been somewhat successful in solving this warp issues by laminating colored G10 or carbon fiber liners which helps stabilize the Micarta.

Also... I machine ONLY cotton canvas and burlap Micartas. I have had the best results with those. I have not had good results machining linen or paper Micartas.

Check out Kahless Custom Metalworks on Instagram (@kahless756). He does excellent work on custom scales as well as other Emerson knife accessories. He is always my number one recommendation

He is making me some double black scales and a new disc.

New scales and disc have arrived.
20210406-144931.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
20210406-144915.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Back