Mini History of Cold Steel Peace Keeper daggers

jlauffer

Tempt not the Blade
Platinum Member
Quickly threw this together based on catalog info...not planning to add any pics. Have included model numbers, blade steel, blade finish, and type of sheath.

PEACE KEEPER I:

Introduced in the 1995 catalog. The Peace Keeper I is the longer one, with 7" blade.

1995 - 1999.....#10D.........AUS 8A.........................Satin................Cordura/nylon

1995 - 1998.....#10CD........Carbon V......................Epoxy...............Cordura/nylon

1999 - 2001.....#10CDK......Carbon V......................Epoxy...............Concealex

2001 - 2005.....#10DT........420 Sub Zero Quench.....Bead-blasted.....Secure-Ex

2007...............#39LPKD.....4116 Krupp..................Satin.................Secure-Ex

2010 - 2012.....#10DSM......VG-1 San Mai III...........Satin................Secure-Ex

PEACE KEEPER II:

Introduced in the 1995 catalog. The Peace Keeper II is the shorter one, with 5 1/2" blade.

1995 - 1999.....#10B..........AUS 8A.........................Satin...............Cordura/nylon

1995 - 1997.....#10CB........Carbon V.......................Epoxy..............Cordura/nylon

1998...............#10CB........Carbon V.......................Epoxy..............Kydex

1999 - 2001.....#10CB........Carbon V.......................Epoxy..............Concealex

2001 - 2005.....#10BT........420 Sub Zero Quench.....Bead-blasted.....Secure-Ex

2007...............#39LPKB.....4116 Krupp...................Satin.................Secure-Ex

need all these youve done as stickies....good stuff. thank you.

As always - Great work.

I would suggest / ask if you would add one thing to the table - the country for each knife - USA carbon v, japan, taiwan, china etc

Hope it helps (and not a critique)

As always - Great work.

I would suggest / ask if you would add one thing to the table - the country for each knife - USA carbon v, japan, taiwan, china etc

Hope it helps (and not a critique)

Thanks, and I had thought about that, but I'm not actually sure where the 420 and Krupp ones were made....guessing either China or Taiwan, but not sure.

Thanks, and I had thought about that, but I'm not actually sure where the 420 and Krupp ones were made....guessing either China or Taiwan, but not sure.

OK, this is the information I have from the catalogs & what I have seen sold online with box model numbers matched to the blade / country (if it helps please use it).

Cold Steel Peace Keeper I Taiwan 10DT

Cold Steel Peace Keeper I China 39LPKD

Cold Steel Peace Keeper I Japan Aus8 10D

Cold Steel Peace Keeper I Japan SanMai 10DSM

Cold Steel Peace Keeper II Taiwan 10BT

Cold Steel Peace Keeper II China 39LPKB

Cold Steel Peace Keeper II Japan 10B

Wow, this is so informative, wonder if it could be a sticky for all to enjoy.

I think I may have found my first Peacekeeper in San Mai. Good info. on it here.

Maybe too many stickies now? This should be one too. I wonder if OP could put all of the histories under one sticky if it would help to get this one there.

Back