Mini Mamushi

Mini Mamushi discussion thread. Thoughts, questions, comments and pictures.

The Mini Mamushi was designed after the popular regular Mamushi. Giving you the same shape as the full size Mamushi with a smaller easier to carry package. The Mini Mamushi makes for an excellent everyday carry option that easily fits inside the pocket. The overall length is 6 3/4″ with a blade length of 3 1/4″

Poon Tipped is a variation with a Harpoon Tip or with a top Swedge.

Last edited:
Mini Mamushi discussion thread. Thoughts, questions, comments and pictures.

The Mini Mamushi was designed after the popular regular Mamushi. Giving you the same shape as the full size Mamushi with a smaller easier to carry package. The Mini Mamushi makes for an excellent everyday carry option that easily fits inside the pocket. The overall length is 6 3/4″ with a blade length of 3 1/4″

Poon Tipped is a variation with a Harpoon Tip or with a top Swedge.

A pocket sized Mamushi would be a knife to have!. I’ve enjoyed using my full size Mamushi. As shown in these images 6F2A1607-2935-42B4-AF97-46AC2EE07112.jpeg524E8152-D6E5-4EA9-BCB2-A15933E723F2.jpeg

26336600108_9fe7c580d2_w.jpg

They are so cool, but my favorite thing about the Mini Mamushi is... just saying "Mini Mamushi". On a more serious note...

40176051922_2972ec1a8b_c.jpg

It took me a bit longer to catch on to the mini and get one for my own. When I finally got one it was all I carried daily for the better part of a year. It’s one of Chris’ models I would buy multiples of.

I have not given the original, larger size Mamushi a fair shake to be honest. I carried one for a while, but it is a little big for me to discreetly carry for a standard daily use knife and not one I would grab over others for messing around in the woods. I do like it though. For a small EDC fixed blade, the mini was perfect and it worked clipped inside the waistband like I prefer to EDC a fixed blade.

Around here knives get some scrutiny in public and the larger the knife the more looks you get. I can legally concealed carry any size fixed blade so that is what I do. The mini has worked well for anything I can reasonably throw at it and so much easier to EDC over a knife with a full sized handle where a folder is more convenient. I might have to try a different sheath for the larger Mamushi and give it another shot on the belt.

This thread needs more pictures, especially comparison shots between the full size and mini if anyone has both.

Thanks!

Phil

I will look through my photographs and see if I have any side by side photos! I will give a free coffee mug to anyone who can beat me to the punch though!

50971496166_b5e374c935_o.jpg

I meant to get some more artful photos this past weekend but instead got involved doing other things. So, there's a quick and dirty comparison pic. Chris, no need to give up a mug.
Awesome! That is just what we needed. I appreciate it Robbie. I will see if I can find some of my own to add. :)

50971496166_b5e374c935_o.jpg

I meant to get some more artful photos this past weekend but instead got involved doing other things. So, there's a quick and dirty comparison pic. Chris, no need to give up a mug.

Thanks for the comparison picture Robbie. I can see why people like the Mini as a reasonably sized EDC. Is the top of the blade sharpened or a swedge? That’s a pointy little sucker! I noticed that Chris just posted another poon-tipped one on his website. :cool:

Thanks!

Phil

Thanks for the comparison picture Robbie. I can see why people like the Mini as a reasonably sized EDC. Is the top of the blade sharpened or a swedge? That’s a pointy little sucker! I noticed that Chris just posted another poon-tipped one on his website. :cool:

Thanks!

Phil
The top of the Mini Mamushi's blade is a swedge.

Back