Mini tac mod

Anyone know of or have pics of a cold steel mini tac with the subhilt piece ground off. I'm interested in doing the mod but I'd like to see what it looks like before I commit.

Anyone know of or have pics of a cold steel mini tac with the subhilt piece ground off. I'm interested in doing the mod but I'd like to see what it looks like before I commit.
Careful if you want to use the supplied sheath . Might weaken or ruin the retention ? :confused:

I only added some silicone tape and a fob , to aid in grip :

Last edited:
You are talking about a simple mod for an inexpensive and replaceable tool, so it's not a hassle to replace. On the other hand, if you are on the fence about a mod, don't do it without making a mock-up first, which is my preferred method. I check new blade shapes by marking them up with Sharpie. You could check your handle by tracing and cutting a few layers of cardboard to get a reasonably similar size stack going. Or just grind it off slowly and check the grip as you go, with the awareness that you won't be able to go back at any point and add material--I've ruined a blade or two this way, but it usually works.

Back